• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel on London-Spezial ticket advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dggar

I am travelling to Cologne with a friend in August.
I have booked a London-Spezial ticket for both of us, and printed it off at home.

Does the QR barcode on the printout operate the entry gates for Eurostar at St Pancras for both of us, or do we have to present the printout to Eurostar staff at St Pancras and each obtain a Eurostar ticket.

The Eurostar seat reservation details are on the printout, but only my name appears on the printout.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DEE-DE

They won't work with the barriers. You will be checked in manually but won't receive any extra tickets (unlike at Brussels). There is a reference number next to your Eurostar reservation which they have to put into their computer.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
That's how it worked for me too, but it was a couple of years ago. It sounds like it'll probably be the same next year, too, when I might try and get a London Spezial again.

DEE-DE

Maybe it has changed since the Lille loophole has been closed. I think last time I received a boarding card was in January when I was travelling on a paper ticket bought online. With that you have to print your reservations yourself. But this April I had full paper tickets which are usually just stamped. Last time I think I must've received a boarding pass before that would have been in January 2013. And don't bother about the name at all, you could even buy your ticket at a German station in cash and the UKBA would have no chance of knowing of you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.