Travel Vouchers

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by embers25, 17 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. embers25

embers25 Established Member

Does anyone know if rail travel vouchers (from delay repay) are able to be used towards the purchase of a Network Card? Also does anyone know how Heathrow Express are allowed to not accept Rail Travel Vouchers for anything even at their ticket office?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

Heathrow Express are not members of ATOC and are not bound by the NRCoC. Their spur is a little private railway that just happens to be connected to the national network.

I see no reason who you couldn't use vouchers to pay for a Network Card.

4. LexyBoy

LexyBoy Established Member Fares Advisor

Yes, you can. National Rail Enqiries is a bit unclear about it but I think it's just to clarify that they're not valid for e.g. catering on trains.

5. bengolding

bengolding Member

I bought a Heathrow Express ticket using a rail voucher just last week. Trick is you need to do at a National Rail station where they are accepted.

6. lyesbkz

lyesbkz Member

Would I be incorrect in assuming that, if Heathrow Express did choose to accept the Rail Travel Vouchers, they would be fully reimbursed anyway?

If my assumption is correct, what benefit do they have in refusing to accept the vouchers?

7. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

If they could be reimbursed there is still a cost associated with processing them (employee time/paperwork/postage) - presumably they choose not to pay that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.