• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

embers25

Established Member
Does anyone know if rail travel vouchers (from delay repay) are able to be used towards the purchase of a Network Card? Also does anyone know how Heathrow Express are allowed to not accept Rail Travel Vouchers for anything even at their ticket office?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Does anyone know if rail travel vouchers (from delay repay) are able to be used towards the purchase of a Network Card? Also does anyone know how Heathrow Express are allowed to not accept Rail Travel Vouchers for anything even at their ticket office?

Heathrow Express are not members of ATOC and are not bound by the NRCoC. Their spur is a little private railway that just happens to be connected to the national network.

I see no reason who you couldn't use vouchers to pay for a Network Card.

bengolding

I bought a Heathrow Express ticket using a rail voucher just last week. Trick is you need to do at a National Rail station where they are accepted.

lyesbkz

Would I be incorrect in assuming that, if Heathrow Express did choose to accept the Rail Travel Vouchers, they would be fully reimbursed anyway?

If my assumption is correct, what benefit do they have in refusing to accept the vouchers?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Would I be incorrect in assuming that, if Heathrow Express did choose to accept the Rail Travel Vouchers, they would be fully reimbursed anyway?

If my assumption is correct, what benefit do they have in refusing to accept the vouchers?

If they could be reimbursed there is still a cost associated with processing them (employee time/paperwork/postage) - presumably they choose not to pay that.

Status
Not open for further replies.