• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelcard "any permitted" ticket not showing for both routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDB

I'm intending to travel Nottingham to London day return at the weekend and I want a flexible ticket in both time and so I can via KGX or STP. The super off peak day travelcard at £75 standard and £96.50 first class is not showing as available on itineraries changing at Grantham for KGX only the direct trains to STP. I think it should as it is route "any permitted". Am I wrong or is it the EMR and LNER websites?

DDB

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Fares from Nottingham to London seem mostly to be either "Any Permitted" or "via Grantham" with some "EMR only".

So is route "Any Permitted" allowable via Grantham?

(And if not, could you travel into Kings Cross via Stamford and Peterborough?)

Haywain

Veteran Member
I'm intending to travel Nottingham to London day return at the weekend and I want a flexible ticket in both time and so I can via KGX or STP. The super off peak day travelcard at £75 standard and £96.50 first class is not showing as available on itineraries changing at Grantham for KGX only the direct trains to STP. I think it should as it is route "any permitted". Am I wrong or is it the EMR and LNER websites?

DDB
The Travelcard you are after is valid to travel via Grantham into Kings Cross, and an itinerary can be shown on the LNER website for a journey using Hull Trains from Grantham. I'm not sure why it isn't showing for LNER trains but it definitely should. I will raise that for investigation, but can't say how quickly it will be resolved.

Edit: Just to add that there must be something odd in the data as it is not showing for LNER services on various websites/platforms.

Last edited:

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
It looks to be an issue with inconsistent data in the reservations system. LNER are not allowing reservations to be made using this EMT Super Off-Peak Travelcard (ticket type STP), but reservations are mandatory on their services, so you can't book it.

As the fare is definitely valid this way you could just book it with a different itinerary and then make the reservation manually on the LNER website or app?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Any chance either you or @Haywain can enlighten us? The suspense is suffocating ;)
Well, we have a theory but it's for others to investigate (that's underway) so we can't say at the moment.

This Travelcard is now (14:00, 8/12/20) showing as available for travel via Grantham using LNER services. There may be a slight delay in to feeding through to all websites.

Last edited:

DDB

Thanks for everybody's help. I did indeed buy it for a via STP itinerary and make a seprate reservation on LNER site.
Glad to hear it wasn't me getting it wrong (I even put my fares workshop knowledge to use and consulted the routing guide! )
It is a relatively good value ticket for first class weekend day trips to London on LNER if you can't get cheap advances, as they don't do thier own superoffpeak 1st return, so it saves money and you get unlimited travel in London for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.