• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelcard at PRIV prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Morning,

I've come across some Travelcard fares on NFM when searching for PRIV fares, and it seems some rather odd options come up. For example:

Brighton (5628) to London Z1-6 (0035) brings up two fares. One is the Anytime day Travelcard at £41.50 which I was expecting, but the other is a Super Off-Peak day Travelcard at £3.75!

Now I assume that the latter is a mistake or simply a fare that no ticket office will issue? I would like to know for sure otherwise it's a tempting offer ;)

(yes I realise that NFM is not the definitive source for fares and does contain mistakes)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
I imagine the ticket type WRE has been wrongly flagged as eligibile for the PRIV discount.

RJ

Established Member
Morning,

I've come across some Travelcard fares on NFM when searching for PRIV fares, and it seems some rather odd options come up. For example:

Brighton (5628) to London Z1-6 (0035) brings up two fares. One is the Anytime day Travelcard at £41.50 which I was expecting, but the other is a Super Off-Peak day Travelcard at £3.75!

Now I assume that the latter is a mistake or simply a fare that no ticket office will issue? I would like to know for sure otherwise it's a tempting offer ;)

(yes I realise that NFM is not the definitive source for fares and does contain mistakes)

If you already know that you cannot use Priv on a Travelcard then that amounts to intentional fare evasion.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Avantix Traveller will often show fares which are not able to be issued on the station TIS (at least on Smart and Fastis). For example Priv discounts are shown on Plusbus however in the booking office I have seen the system on these two systems rejecting Priv discount, as it it not supposed to be issued.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
If you already know that you cannot use Priv on a Travelcard then that amounts to intentional fare evasion.

I don't doubt that (although only really fare evasion if used on TFL services where discount isn't permitted) I was just wondering if any Ticket office staff would actually issue it, maybe out of error. <D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Avantix Traveller will often show fares which are not able to be issued on the station TIS (at least on Smart and Fastis). For example Priv discounts are shown on Plusbus however in the booking office I have seen the system on these two systems rejecting Priv discount, as it it not supposed to be issued.

Thank you, that pretty much answers my question, so the system would automatically reject it, which makes sense!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thank you, that pretty much answers my question, so the system would automatically reject it, which makes sense!
Note that my answer is merely speculation; I cannot guarantee whether in this instance it would be rejected, but in the past when I have enquired out of curiosity about tickets with Priv discount that Avantix Traveller shows as being available, in practice they cannot be issued.

The Colonel

It won't let you do it in the booking office - I've tried. And I understand that it had been taken off advantix but I cannot vouch for this as I don't use it.

BestWestern

Established Member
I've not checked if it's still in Avantix for a while, but certainly there was a bit of an issue with PRIV PlusBus tickets, we all had a memo telling us to stop being naughty with it :) Shame, it's a bloody bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies.