Travelcard Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
On weds 11th April i and 2 friends were travelling around london on zones 1-6 travelcards (Child) theirs opened barriers but mine wouldn't open any was there a reason for this ??

It was brought on board a FGW HST from the TM

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This is a common problem with Travelcards issued on Avantix Machines. It's cropped up a few times before.

Polarbear

Established Member
This happened to me when I last purchased a Saturday super off peak travelcard from Chester to London.

It wouldn't open any of the barriers on the underground but would open those on the national network (strangely). I had no problems with any of the barrier staff letting me through the gates on the underground though.

Full marks to LU on that day. :D

calc7

Established Member
Cards printed with the LU roundel and the date in big are very easy for LU staff to pass. Other than a forgery, a customer in Z1-6 with an out-boundary travelcard should be bona fide.

Issues with Zone U12* LONDN etc. tickets, and where no maltese cross is displayed are much more likely to be troublesome for a passenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.