• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelcard refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonbridge

Established Member
Working night shifts on the agency, came home this morning, slept, got up and found a message to call them, the client does not need me to work this week! Apart from screwing up my bodyclock for tonight, on the way home this morning I had renewed my weekly travelcard to run from tomorrow. As long as I go to the ticket office tonight I'm just clarifying that I should be able to surrender it as completely unused and get a full refund?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Depends.

Some clerks will non-issue it if it was issued on their shift/machine, if this the case then you would not get an admin fee charged, some clerks will stick to the non-issue time limit stipulated by the TOC or local manager (usually 20 minutes).

However, I suspect a different clerk will be on shift now and it may not be possible for them to non-issue it, so that would leave you paying an admin fee and waiting for a refund to be authorised.

Status
Not open for further replies.