• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelcard validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuna84

Hi guys, looking for some quick advice from the ticketing experts. I hold an anytime travelcard from Kings Langley including zones 1-6, valid today. Can I use this the Southern from Clapham Junction to Watford Junction to get back to Kings Langley? The only bit that is doubtful in my mind is the bit between Harrow and Wealdstone and Watford Junction, since I'll be leaving the Travelcard Zones once I'm beyond Harrow and I won't be on a London Midland service. My guy instinct is that it is valid but confirmation would be good :). Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Is that the Anytime Day Travelcard @ £21.50? If so, that does not have any TOC specific restrictions so it does seem to be valid via the route you suggest! :)

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Unless the ticket says LM only then you can use any train to get back to Kings Langley.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Unless the ticket says LM only then you can use any train to get back to Kings Langley.

Avantix seems to suggest the aforementioned Travelcard is Route"Any Permitted" so it should be fine so long as Watford Junction is on the permitted route (I don't know because this isn't my area :p)

cuna84

Thanks guys, the routing does say Any Permitted. It is indeed the £21.05 priced one, I think because my tickets cost £16.00 but with Y-P discount.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
That of course should say ticket, not tickets (damn iPhone)

clagmonster

Established Member
Indeed, as long as there is no operator resriction/prhibition printed on the ticket it is valid on any service on a permitted route. Both the Southern services and the Eustons take the shortest route from Boundary Zone 6 to Kings Langley so it is valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.