• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi guys me again
when i go to london in april and i buy a £4.30 Zones 1 - 6 travelcard where is this valid to as i dont really understand the Map :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

district

You can go anywhere on Zones 1 - 6 on that above map on London Underground, London Overground, Docklands Light Railway, London Tramlink, London Buses (anywhere, not just 1-6) and National Rail services (except Heathrow Express, and Heathrow Connect between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow and Southeastern Highspeed).

It's £8.50 or £5.60 with a railcard.

tom1649

Yes the Piccadilly line runs to Heathrow as shown on the map provided above.

Established Member
So i can get there on the Travelcard ?? sorry for asking these basic questions as im planning it in detail as me and a friend are going to photograph Trains and Emergency vehicles (any suggestions greatfully recieved) :)

tom1649

Yes you can. As I've already said it's valid on the entire LUL network except the Met north of Moor Park.

tom1649

Just make sure you don't use flash anywhere on the underground.

Enjoy yourself. Great transport system, great city.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Lots of confusion in this thread so please note the following:

Child rate off-peak travelcard for zones 1-6 is £3.20.
Child rate off-peak travelcard for zones 1-9 is £4.30.
Zones 1-9 allow you access to the whole Underground including the Met north of Moor Park and the Chiltern line to Amersham and London Overground to Watford High Street.
Both 1-6 and 1-9 allow access to Heathrow, but ONLY on the Picadilly line. The National Rail line between Heathrow and Hayes & Harlington is excluded (which means Heathrow Express is barred completely). The Southeastern line between St Pancras and Stratford International is also excluded.

Established Member
:oops:Sorry i meant 1 -9
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just make sure you don't use flash anywhere on the underground.

Enjoy yourself. Great transport system, great city.

And thankyou i kinda gathered that Lol

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
That map linked above should be readily available at any manned station in the south east, it's printed back to back with the NR London and SE map, and is (large) pocket sized when folded.

If you aren't that familiar with the London area I'd definitely recommend having a copy with you.

Established Member
Ok thankyou where can i get one as im travelling into PAD
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
also ive heard from a not too reliable source that it is valid on buses too is that true ??

district

I already told you that they are valid on buses - That's London Buses ONLY, not any tourist/tour buses. You can buy them at any ticket office.

Last edited by a moderator:

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Ok thankyou where can i get one as im travelling into PAD

I'm not too familiar with PAD, but I'd be surprised if the maps weren't available in racks on the concourse somewhere, but they'll have an info desk anyway.

dzug2

I already told you that they are valid on buses - That's London Buses ONLY, not any tourist/tour buses. You can buy them on board from the conductor, or you can buy them at any ticket office.

No conductors on London buses except the heritage routemasters and I'm sure drivers don't have the facilities either. The machines at bus stops in central London certainly don't issue them

Any ticket office will sell them

island

Veteran Member
I already told you that they are valid on buses - That's London Buses ONLY, not any tourist/tour buses. You can buy them on board from the conductor, or you can buy them at any ticket office.

Travelcards are not sold on board London buses. The only fare sold on buses is a cash single at £2.30.

dzug2

Cool im travelling from Tiverton BTW can i buy there ??

If the ticket office knows how to do it then yes

If you search around on this forum someone posted instructions on how to do it - sorry don't have time to look for you right now.

island

Veteran Member
The instructions are that the guard/ticket office should key in the origin as London Paddington (PAD) or any other station within the London zones, such as Knockholt, and the destination as 0035. The ticket type is ODT.

Status
Not open for further replies.