• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelcards and Split Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roylang

I am sure I have read here that for the purposes of split tickets a train does not have to call at a station for a split SDR / Zone 1-6 Day Travelcard? I have done some searches and failed miserably to come up with the discussion.

However, having looked at the NCoC I can find nothing in there to permit it and, indeed, quite the opposite with condition 19 stating:

"You may use two or more tickets for one journey as long as together they cover the entire journey and one of the following applies:
(a) they are both Zonal Tickets unless special conditions prohibit their use in this way. The Ticket Seller will, if you ask, advise you whether you can use a Zonal Ticket in combination with another ticket.
(b) the train you are in calls at a station where you change from one ticket to another;
or
(c) one of the tickets is a Season Ticket (which for this purpose does not include Season Tickets or travel passes issued on behalf of a passenger transport executive or local authority) or a leisure travel pass, and the other ticket(s) is/ are not.
"

Given that it Condition 19 goes on to states that a season ticket is for 7 or more days, or 3 days or more in 7 days, a Day Travelcard does not meet any of those criteria as I see it.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Roy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
A Day Travelcard is not classed as a leisure product or a season ticket for the purpose of Condition 19(c).

A Day Travelcard is a zonal product for the purpose of Condition 19(a) so can be used in conjunction with an appropriate Boundary Zone ticket on non-stop services.

A period Travelcard is classed as a season ticket for the purpose of Condition 19(c).

Roylang

A Day Travelcard is not classed as a leisure product or a season ticket for the purpose of Condition 19(c).

A Day Travelcard is a zonal product for the purpose of Condition 19(a) so can be used in conjunction with an appropriate Boundary Zone ticket on non-stop services.

A period Travelcard is classed as a season ticket for the purpose of Condition 19(c).

Thank you.

So I could combine a ticket to Zone 6 with it but not a SDR to, for example, Surbiton?

Anybody able to look up the price of Alton->Zone 6 and Winchester -> Zone 6 please?

Thanks again,

Roy

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
So I could combine a ticket to Zone 6 with it but not a SDR to, for example, Surbiton?

Correct.

Anybody able to look up the price of Alton->Zone 6 and Winchester -> Zone 6 please?

Alton - Boundary Zone 6
Route Any Permitted
Anytime Day Return
£19.70

Winchester - Boundary Zone 6
Route Any Permitted
Anytime Day Return
£43.70

(Super) Off-Peak Day Returns are also available.

Roylang

Correct.

Alton - Boundary Zone 6
Route Any Permitted
Anytime Day Return
£19.70

Winchester - Boundary Zone 6
Route Any Permitted
Anytime Day Return
£43.70

(Super) Off-Peak Day Returns are also available.

Thanks. That is a huge difference, and given that each are equally easy to drive to, I know which I will choose :)

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.