• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelcards ordered online - changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyesbkz

I have just purchased advance tickets for several journeys through East Midlands Trains online, and added a paper travelcard to each journey.

The problem is that I have absent-mindedly selected Zones 1-2 instead of 1-4. The difference is only 70p (Off-Peak). Does anybody know of any way of changing the zones or exchanging the travelcards? It would be a nightmare to have to purchase 4 or 5 new travelcards!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Extracts from The Manual are attached below. Unfortunately it sounds like it is not possible, officially speaking.

FRPP said:
Except as shown below, it is NOT normally possible to use excess fare procedures in relation to Day Travelcards, as this will cause problems with ticket gate operation and revenue allocation.

Inboundary Day Travelcards

It is NOT possible to excess:
  • A non-Travelcard ticket into a Day Travelcard (e.g. an Off-Peak Day Return to London Terminals into an Off-Peak Day Travelcard)
  • An Off-Peak Day Travelcard into an Anytime Day Travelcard
  • Between different inboundary Day Travelcard zonal combinations (e.g. excess a London Zones 1-2 Day Travelcard into a London Zones 1-6 Day Travelcard).
  • A Standard Class Day Travelcard into a First Class Day Travelcard.

In these circumstances a new Day Travelcard must be issued and a refund made for the original ticket or Travelcard.

The only possible excesses listed are all applicable to outboundary Travelcards only.

lyesbkz

Thanks for the information. Is a new ticket and a refund on the old one something I'm likely to be able to get? Given that the travelcards are somehow linked to the advance tickets in the order, it's a little confusing as to how it will work. I won't be ordering travelcards in this way again!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
It is a separate ticket, however I suspect you will have a grand total owing them money after the deduction of admin charges.

lyesbkz

Perhaps it is my lucky day, however I have managed to have overdistance excesses issued for each of the five tickets.

I suppose I now have a week's worth of “problems with ticket gate operation” to look forward to!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Well done. You never know what they might do sometimes, so it cannot hurt to give it a try in most cases. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.