• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelcards - Travelling at a Later Date due to Disruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave91131

Hi,

Upon my eventual return from London yesterday evening following the ECML collapse, I submitted a delay repay claim to Great Northern. I noted that both the Great Northern and Thameslink websites were stating that customers could travel tomorrow (i.e. today) using tickets dated the previous day had they chosen not to travel due to the disruption.

This got me thinking - given that the ticket I used was a Thameslink & Great Northern only zone 1-6 1-day travelcard, had I chosen to travel today instead would the information above have only permitted me to travel from my origin station (Peterborough) to London and return with a separate zone 1-6 travelcard for today needing to be purchased for the multiple journeys made within the zones or would I also have been permitted to use yesterday's travelcard to travel on LU, c2c, TfL, SWR, SET etc etc?

Any information or clarification would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You could have purchased a new ticket and had the old one refunded from the point of purchase at no cost, which would have probably been simplest.

Status
Not open for further replies.