• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Traveling during the olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicking1306

I have to travel between Paddington and Liverpool st/ Stratford on a Friday evening and return Sunday afternoon. Has anybody got any tips to travel through the area. E.g. Lines, times or different routes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
I have to travel Euston to Stratford on a Friday evening
I plan to walk to St Pancras, and then take the Javelin to Stratford

I would suggest you travel Paddington to St Pancras, and then take the Javelin

What is the date?
If it is towards the end of the Olympics watch the performance of the some of the services over the preceeding weekends to see what they are like

rail-britain

Established Member
I travel between the two most weekends
Apologies, I read that you were looking to travel to/from the Olympics, but are actually looking for an alternative
I would suggest you look at the Olympics schedule, I would expect the second half to be busier as people attend the Athletics events

There will be a queuing system in effect for passengers between St Pancras and Stratford, with Games Travelcards, so you will probably want to avoid this

Therefore it might be more appropriate to travel (LU) Paddington to Notting Hill Gate, the via Liverpool Street to Stratford

SS4

Established Member
Either walk to Lancaster Gate and get the central line direct via Liverpool Street or you can get the H&C to Mile End where there is a cross platform interchange with the central line.

Probably easier using LUL than NR from St Pancakes

musicking1306

Ok thanks very much that sounds much more of an easier route than circle to Liverpool st from Paddington.

Status
Not open for further replies.