• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

travelling non stop on two tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Sinnett

I have a monthly Bedford London ticket but want to go to Leicester one evening. If I buy a Bedford Leicester ticket can I travel from London on a train that doesnt stop at Bedford and if not why not as I feel I've paid for the mileage.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EM2

Established Member
No you cannot.
The reason is that you have a ticket that says you boarded the train at Bedford. If the train didn't stop there, you cannot have done that.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

glynn80

Established Member
Oops. I missed the word 'monthly' in the OP... :oops:

The word "monthly" in irrelevant in this situation since all seasons are covered by Condition 19.

So if he had a Weekly, Monthly or Yearly season he would still be able to board a non-stop service.

EM2

Established Member
The word "monthly" in irrelevant in this situation since all seasons are covered by Condition 19.

So if he had a Weekly, Monthly or Yearly season he would still be able to board a non-stop service.

I know. But I read it as a 'Bedford to London ticket'. In other words, I thought it was a day ticket being referred to.

Status
Not open for further replies.