• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelling Short on London-Dublin ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKT

I have had a look at various terms and conditions but can't seem to find the answer to this. Does anybody know if it is permissible to buy a London to Dublin single (cost, £27) and terminate a journey at Crewe?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Can I stop off on the way? No. These cheap and flexible Britain-Ireland fares are actually cheaper than the normal domestic fares between London and (for example) Chester or Holyhead, so you cannot break your journey, only travel straight through to or from Ireland. Though that doesn't mean you can't wander round Holyhead town centre whilst waiting for your ferry! Of course, if you really want to stop off, nothing stops you buying separate tickets, for example a normal ticket (say) London-Chester, then a Chester-Ireland train+ferry ticket, but this costs a lot more than a London-Ireland through ticket.

Source: http://www.seat61.com/Ireland.htm

In short, no. But if there's not any barriers at Crewe (or any other station the train stops at), I don't see how they could stop you!

First class

Established Member
I don't see why you don't use buy a saver return equivalent for £30 return? EUS-CRE (1444-1243). (Cheap Day return £28, super off peak return, £20).

"SVR - OFF-PEAK R LMR
00042 - LDN MIDLAND ONLY"

CDR - OFF-PEAK DAY R LMR
00042 - LDN MIDLAND ONLY

1 Adult @£ 28.00 = £ 28.00

Standard Class Return

Restriction : SK
Outward Travel
Valid on any London Midland
train scheduled to arrive
London Midland terminals at or
after 1000 Mondays-Fridays.
Not valid for travel from
London Terminals before 0845.

Return Travel
By any London Midland train.
CDS/CDR/FCR/GE1 OFF-PEAK DAY
ODT/OTF OFF-PEAK DAY
TRAVELCARD
FTC FAMILY TRAVELCARD

Off-Peak Day Singles and
returns: Valid for travel on
the date shown on the ticket
and until 0230 the following
day. If it is not possible to
complete the journey before
this time, travel is allowed
until 1200 the day after
travel - but no further break
of journey is allowed.

A60K

Because that's a London Midland only ticket and so you're extremely limited to just a couple of trains a day between London and Crewe.

Yep, you have to remember that LMR and London Midland in this context refer to trains run by the TOC of that name - not the lines that are part of the London Midland Region (as most people over 35 may think of first, me included!)

Status
Not open for further replies.