• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trespass incident at Edge Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Bad news for anyone travelling between Manchester and Liverpool Lime St via Warrington or indeed into Lime St at all. Apparently a person has been hit by a train, I'm on the 0707 from Manchester Picc and this service for Lime St is terminating at Warrington.

I usually get the 0735 from Warrington to Lime St, it is set to call at Edge Hill at 0654 on its outbound journey to WAC, from the timings given does anyone know if this was the service involved because it sounds to me like it is.

UPDATE: at Warrington Ctrl now at 0805, everything is going to be delayed for a while but there's a lot confused commuters! The automatic announcements here are poor.

Meh, may get to Uni (I need Mossley Hill) at 10, may 10:30 for my 9am lecture.

Cheers, Tom
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Services running normally with obvious consequential delays. 0811 to Liverpool Lime St is running 18 down but otherwise, all is good.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
First cancelled arrival at Lime street was 2F06 0602 Crewe-Liverpool Lime Street due at 0649 (emergency services dealing with an incident) and passed Edge Hill at 0643. 2F27 0646 Liverpool Lime Street-Manchester Victoria and 1L05 0647 Liverpool Lime Street-Norwich passed Edge Hill around 0650 with no delay.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Yeah, I got to Mossley Hill about 0910 ish, just a bit of an unusual start to the day Into Uni at 9:30, it happens.

Statto

Established Member
Is it not possible to terminate services at South Parkway ?

\I'm not sure, Virgin can't terminate there, as the trains are too long for the platforms, but the other TOCs might have been able to terminate there.

Sadly, Edge Hill is notorious for this type of incident, people accessing the track either from the Station or Depot.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
More on the incident here http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...-street-station-railway-line-100252-30477580/

Status
Not open for further replies.