• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tribunal for Lymington 'Stationmaster'..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris125

Established Member
..didnt happen. According to Paul Clifton of the BBC, the media turned out in force only for the case to be withdrawn at the last minute. Apparently he says he couldnt have won, but 'did clear a shopping trolley to prevent an accident' - SWT disputes this.

The conclusion - that he didnt have a case - is obvious, and tallies with whats been suggested since. I hope he's not expecting too much positive coverage, i doubt the assembled media would've appreciated turning up for nothing.

Chris

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wintonian

Established Member
..didnt happen. According to Paul Clifton of the BBC, the media turned out in force only for the case to be withdrawn at the last minute. Apparently he says he couldnt have won, but 'did clear a shopping trolley to prevent an accident' - SWT disputes this.

The conclusion - that he didnt have a case - is obvious, and tallies with whats been suggested since. I hope he's not expecting too much positive coverage, i doubt the assembled media would've appreciated turning up for nothing.

Chris

Being discussed here

BestWestern

Established Member
Not surprising at all really, he'd have lost anyway so why go through the hassle?! :roll:

wintonian

Established Member
Outlining SWT's argument:

theguardian said:
"This was a matter of principle and integrity and we were fully prepared to outline the truth to the employment tribunal. We are confident that they had heard all of the evidence, they would have found in our favour. For the avoidance of doubt, we have made no payment to settle this case and nor have we ever considered doing so.

"This case involved a serious breach of safety. The fact is that there is no evidence to show that there was a trolley on the track, as Mr Faletto claimed, and the safety of our passengers was not compromised at any point. The only safety risk was caused by Mr Faletto's foolhardy actions in knowingly stepping down on to an area of live track for no justifiable reason.

"No 'trolley' incident was recorded in the station log or reported to management at the time - or even when Mr Faletto was first questioned by management. It is very sad that an individual who was recognised by the railway has acted in this way."

But of course we will never really know now.

Chris125

Established Member
Btw, Heart seem to have the full statement from SWT, which also confirms there was no evidence of any call to a station or signalman, despite his claims.

CHris

Status
Not open for further replies.