• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tring to North Acton

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorageOats

I should be grateful for suggestions on the best options for a daily commute from Tring to North Acton for a few weeks. I’m happy to walk a mile or so at the destination for the exercise or to avoid time-consuming changes.

Best attempt so far:
Off-peak Day Return Tring to Willesden Junction £12.90 (valid on 07:22/08:34 Tring-Wembley Central by Southern changing to “London Transport” to Willesden Junction according to thetrainline even though according to Southern’s timetable this train only picks up at Wembley Central - the Southern train avoids the peak fares on London Midland to Watford Junction/Harrow & Wealdstone)

Weekly Season Tring to Willesden Junction: Standard £86.40 – so cheaper to buy five off-peak day returns even if I assume the odd incremental Anytime Day Single @£11.30 to Harrow and Weadlstone if I miss the 07:22 and cannot wait until the 08:34.

Am I correct in assuming this ticket is valid via the Bakerloo as well as London Overground?

PorageOats

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Best attempt so far:
Off-peak Day Return Tring to Willesden Junction £12.90 (valid on 07:22/08:34 Tring-Wembley Central by Southern changing to “London Transport” to Willesden Junction according to thetrainline even though according to Southern’s timetable this train only picks up at Wembley Central - the Southern train avoids the peak fares on London Midland to Watford Junction/Harrow & Wealdstone)

The full restriction text for

Tring - Willesden Junction
Route Any Permitted
Off-Peak Day Return
£12.90 Restriction C0

is

Restriction C0 said:
Restriction : C0
Restriction applies: Monday to
Friday only. No travel
restrictions on other days.

OUTWARD TRAVEL

By any train scheduled to
arrive London Terminals or
Kensington Olympia at or after

RETURN TRAVEL

By any train

The 0722 Southern service from Tring is scheduled to arrive Kensington Olympia at 0806 (using a random weekday as an example), and the 0834 is scheduled to arrive Kenny O at 0920. You are not permitted to use these two trains on this ticket on a weekday. For travel on these two trains, you will need an Anytime Day Return priced at £22.60.

The first service the Off-Peak Day Return is valid on is the 0926 from Tring.

Am I correct in assuming this ticket is valid via the Bakerloo as well as London Overground?

You may use NR tickets on the Bakerloo Line between Harrow & Wealdstone and Queens Park as that is an Inter-available Route.

Status
Not open for further replies.