• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trip to Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelander

High all, would like some advice on the Glasgow to Oban/ Fort William line,
1, is their a first class seating on this train?
2, Is the Mallaig train (steam) open to all public passengers or has it to be prebooked.
Reason I ask is that I was looking at getting a First Class All Line Rover ticket and traveling to Scotland via the West coast main line and then back down the East coast main line Edinburgh and York. to Cheshire.
Regards Freelander

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

High all, would like some advice on the Glasgow to Oban/ Fort William line,
1, is their a first class seating on this train?
2, Is the Mallaig train (steam) open to all public passengers or has it to be prebooked.
Reason I ask is that I was looking at getting a First Class All Line Rover ticket and traveling to Scotland via the West coast main line and then back down the East coast main line Edinburgh and York. to Cheshire.
Regards Freelander

Number 1, No, the West Highland Line is standard class only

Number 2, Yes it has to be pre-booked, and ALRs are unfortunately not valid on it.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Although I think you can get a discount on the Mallaig Steam service if you hold an ALR, prebooking is pretty much essential as it can be busy with coach parties doing it one way

Status
Not open for further replies.