• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Triva: Old franchise holder's merchandise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

168lover

There's an NSE luggage trolley at High Wycombe Station. I think their keeping it as a piece of memrabellia oh and also a GWR station sign. Bet no one can beat that!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There are some "Property of Railtrack" fire extinguishers at London Victoria.
I have seen quite a few BR-labelled fire extinguishers about too.
I wouldn't trust them to be fit for purpose.
I would not be so sure. Fire extinguishers are typically serviced annually, and there would be labels on them to this effect, to confirm that they are fit for purpose.

Parallel

Established Member
I would not be so sure. Fire extinguishers are typically serviced annually, and there would be labels on them to this effect, to confirm that they are fit for purpose.

We had one in the kitchen in my university accommodation a few years ago that had been there since 1995 (or 1996, can't remember which) according to the labels. It was about 16 years old at the time!

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Cardiff Central (and for all I know, other places) still flies the British Rail flag (the one with the double arrow on a red background).

I think that I've read somewhere on here that technically BR still exists, but the flag looks strange being flown next to an Arriva Trains Wales (who run the station) flag.

redbutton

I know, I was just making a joke about Railtrack's demise being partly due to failure of the maintenance programme.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
At least until a couple of years ago, the CRT monitor on the Down platform at Catford Bridge had a 'British Rail Computing' sticker on it.

marks87

Established Member
I was on the train to Aberdeen today and on the approach to Carnoustie (from the Dundee end) there's a large white board with relatively small GNER and Network Rail logos on it.

In fact, it's visible on Google Streetview with considerably more logos on it - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.5...h-xrDj_b5eBuHiofcg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Seemingly a remnant from the 2007 Open Championship, with only the GNER and Network Rail logos surviving to the present day.

me123

Established Member
Whilst you were up here, did you see the GNER ticket machines around the station? Branding has been removed, but they're still in GNER colours, and still working pretty well.

EDIT: Just done a quick google search, you can see one of them in this pic. It's not been moved. There's another in the corridor behind the ticket office.

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Now I think about the plaque celebrating the completion of the refurbishment of the Darlington first class lounge still clearly says GNER in the bottom corner as the letters have simply been covered with tape (high quality tape to be sure but still just tape).

HH

Established Member
I still have a First Great Eastern ticket holder from 1997 - it's genuine leather (plain black too), unlike the plastic crap that's generally available these days, and doesn't last a year.

redbutton

I was in my company's IT office the other day, where I noticed an old Overground Network coffee mug on one of the analysts' desks.

It said "[ON] a break".

Status
Not open for further replies.