• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia - abandoned railways with intact track

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

Established Member
Don't know - can't see where the slate quarry car park is in Caernarfon on any of the maps. I might be able to find something if you can tell me where it is (post code or grid reference or street name should suffice).
Sorry, Slate Quay!! Last time I was there, the tracks were clearly visible through the tarmac

1625860996738.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member
Sorry, Slate Quay!! Last time I was there, the tracks were clearly visible through the tarmac

View attachment 99491
The only bit of railway track I could find was this:
Boats alongside the Slate Quay on a rising tide

© Copyright Eric Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
In use to stop cars falling in the water! Other photos suggest the carpark has been resurfaced in recent years which may have hidden the rails completely - or they may have been removed prior to such resurfacing?

Status
Not open for further replies.