• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Bus firms with unfortunate nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here41NiteOnly

I've worked at both Slavecoach or Stagejoke and Arriva.

I found this highly amusing for Arriva When your bus is late cry me a river

As an employee they both had their faults but the winner at most complaints, terrible management and unreliable buses goes to Arriva. Quite how they are still in business escapes me. I'd have to say they also badger you into forgoing your rest days, Slavecoach ask you once and go by what you say.

How I long for the good old days but realise it's unlikely.

Over my years I noticed that the general public are completely bloody stupid and as thick as a post, they're not improving on either, they're degenerating more than anything.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mwanesh

Well-run South Wales independent Phil Anslow is well-loved by its passengers so the obvious nickname Full and Slow is not used.
I would disagree with you there, when you complain on social media. They block you. At least the others post good and bad reviews

TechDan2002

Plymouth Citybus - ‘Plymouth Sh*ttybus’

Transport for Cornwall - ‘Last resort for Cornwall’

Towers

Established Member
Countryliner was known as "Binliner", although this seemed to come more from other operators' coach drivers, rather than the public/enthusiasts towards their bus division.
Also known as something less mild, with certain letters omitted from 'Country'....

NatEx also known as Nasty Express!

Also the former Emsworth & District, in the past sometimes referred to as Emsworth & Risk It.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.