• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: examples of CoronaVirus Emergency Timetable resulting in enhanced service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSel

I note with TfW now running generally Sunday services throughout, Hawarden Bridge now gets 10 on-request stopping services each way Monday - Saturday, rather than three (to Bidston) or four (to Wrexham) in the 'normal' timetable.

Are there any other examples of stations benefitting from enhanced service provision during the emergency timetable?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
The local stations between Colchester & Thorpe-le-soken which would normally only be served by the Colchester - Walton shuttle (I.e. Great Bentley, Weeley), getting an all-day London service?

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
As far as I've seen request stops are normal calls for the time being. If the Conductor isn't coming through the train there is a need to call at them all in case there is anyone for them.

Jona26

As far as I've seen request stops are normal calls for the time being. If the Conductor isn't coming through the train there is a need to call at them all in case there is anyone for them.

Certainly on Monday on the Cambrian TFW guards were announcing for passengers requiring request stops to approach them in the back cab rather than stopping at them all as a matter of course.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Metropolitan line has been running Watford-Chesham directly for the last couple of days.

Though apparently to be replaced from tomorrow with Chesham-Baker Street running hourly.

TiedUpInNotts

I was on a train earlier that stopped at Polesworth around lunchtime. Someone even got off! Polesworth was advertised on the platform screens too. I've looked on RTT and it's just listing a load of cancellations on the Euston-Crewe route and not showing the special service but it seems there was one an hour stopping at Polesworth today on a shuttle between Rugby and Crewe. Poleswort must be enjoying the best service its had in years but nobody can go out to use it!

DannyMich2018

I was on a train earlier that stopped at Polesworth around lunchtime. Someone even got off! Polesworth was advertised on the platform screens too. I've looked on RTT and it's just listing a load of cancellations on the Euston-Crewe route and not showing the special service but it seems there was one an hour stopping at Polesworth today on a shuttle between Rugby and Crewe. Poleswort must be enjoying the best service its had in years but nobody can go out to use it!
Yes normal service is one train per day Mon to Sat Northbound only as the southbound platform is disused as the footbridge was removed some years ago and wasn't considered cost effective putting a new disabled friendly one in so is left with a parliamentary one train a day only.

Kite159

Veteran Member

Reminds me of a case last year (or 2018) the Bolton line was closed due to a land slip near a tunnel caused by the wiring works, and Northern put on an hourly stopper to call at all stations...

... including Clifton. Which like polesworth only normally gets one train a day (in each direction), suddenly gained an hourly all day service for a few days!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
The LNR contingency timetable they have implemented twice this week now is 2tph Euston-WFJ then all stations to Northampton. This means Cheddington receives double its normal off-peak service.

Dstock7080

Established Member
Kensington (Olympia) since Saturday 21 March has been receiving a District Line service from Upminster every 15min.

Usually 20min weekends and just two trains weekdays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.