• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRIVIA: How many London bus routes serve just 1 borough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popz

How many London bus routes serve just 1 borough?

Examples would include the 129 (as it only serves Greenwich), the 389 (as it only serves Barnet), the 181 (only serves Lewisham) and the 61 (only serves Bromley). How many examples of this exist, and what are they?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

London Trains

The 151 (Worcester Park to Wallington) may only serve the borough of Sutton, but I'm not sure which side of the rail bridge at Worcester Park the boundary between Sutton and Kingston is on - if it is on the eastern side of the bridge it will be disqualified since it goes under the bridge and terminates in front of the station.

I believe the K1 and K2 both only serve Kingston.

TXMISTA

The K4 also only serves Kingston. The 33’s current routing means it only serves Richmond. I believe the H20 exclusively services Hounslow although it traverses very close to the boundary with Richmond

Established Member
358 - despite how incredibly long it is, somehow remains entirely in Bromley.

E10 - entirely in Ealing.

212, W11, W16 - entirely in Waltham Forest.

104 - Newham.

206 - entirely in Brent.

383 - entirely in Barnet.

Plenty of examples I could continue to list in London.

NorthOxonian

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
If I'm being very cheeky - the 465.

It only serves the London Borough of Kingston upon Thames (but of course it serves Mole Valley in Surrey as well).

MotCO

Established Member
All the Orpington R routes only serve Bromley, and even the lengthy 358 and 227 I think only serve Bromley.

matt_world2004

Established Member
E1:Ealing
U4: Hillingdon
U10:Hillingdon
A10:Hillingdon
U3:Hillingdon
350: Hillingdon
331: Hillingdon (But leaves London a few times , dont know if your talking about London Boroughs.
U1:Hillingdon
U2: Hillingdon

Popz

The 151 (Worcester Park to Wallington) may only serve the borough of Sutton, but I'm not sure which side of the rail bridge at Worcester Park the boundary between Sutton and Kingston is on - if it is on the eastern side of the bridge it will be disqualified since it goes under the bridge and terminates in front of the station.

I'd say that the 151 doesn't count as the first stop you are able to get on is in Kingston.

Hophead

Established Member
All the Orpington R routes only serve Bromley, and even the lengthy 358 and 227 I think only serve Bromley.

Knockholt is in Kent, so R5 & R10 are excluded. On the other hand, the 146 does stay within the borough.

Hassocks5489

The boundary is just about on the southeast side of the bridge, so sadly this one (which I travelled on for the first time a couple of weeks ago, incidentally) just sneaks into Kingston briefly.

PeterC

Established Member
In Havering there are routes 165, 248, 252, 256 and 365 plus several routes that cross the GLA border into Essex, which fit the OPs specification if not the spirit of the thread.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Pedant alert - any bus routes that terminate at Crystal Palace will almost certainly technically pass from one borough to another. given the unique nature of four London boroughs meeting here. The Vicar's Oak is the meeting point.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
The 202 operates wholly within the LB of Lewisham although it could be argued that Crystal Palace sits at the boundary of 4 boroughs (Lewisham/Bromley/Southwark and Croydon) whilst at the other end, the Royal Standard sits at the boundary with LB Greenwich at Vanbrugh Park

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The 202 operates wholly within the LB of Lewisham although it could be argued that Crystal Palace sits at the boundary of 4 boroughs (Lewisham/Bromley/Southwark and Croydon) whilst at the other end, the Royal Standard sits at the boundary with LB Greenwich at Vanbrugh Park
Not quite - substitute Lambeth for Lewisham in that list. Lewisham lies a few hundred yards to the east, just to complicate matters!

Class465pacer

The 462 Ilford - Hainault The Lowe technically serves only one London Borough (Redbridge) before crossing the border into Essex

RJ

Established Member

227 just makes it into Lewisham at the top of Crystal Palace Park Rd. You can have the 358 as well as the 354 though.

The 227 serves three boroughs, some of its stops are in Southwark.

The 358 serves one bus stop in Southwark.

The bins by the bus stops give away which borough covers each part of the Parade.

Last edited:

SparkieLover

130 Croydon
150 Redbridge
200 Merton
241 Newham
D7 Tower Hamlets

The 227 serves three boroughs, some of its stops are in Southwark.

The 358 serves one bus stop in Southwark.

Just like the W3 serves 2 or 3 stops towards Tottenham; and an alighting stop at Finsbury Park in Islington.

Last edited:

Established Member
130 Croydon
150 Redbridge
200 Merton
241 Newham
D7 Tower Hamlets

Just like the W3 serves 2 or 3 stops towards Tottenham; and an alighting stop at Finsbury Park in Islington.
150 also runs into Barking & Dagenham between Mayfield Road and Becontree Heath.

241/262/300/325/330/376/473/474 all candidates for running solely in the Newham Borough.

Status
Not open for further replies.