• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRIVIA: How many London bus routes serve just 1 borough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RogerOut

The R11 also runs into Bexley.

I believe it does, as Tesco ,Foots Cray comes under Bexley borough. The B14 also crosses over to Bexleyheath, covering two London boroughs.

The 202 operates wholly within the LB of Lewisham although it could be argued that Crystal Palace sits at the boundary of 4 boroughs (Lewisham/Bromley/Southwark and Croydon) whilst at the other end, the Royal Standard sits at the boundary with LB Greenwich at Vanbrugh Park

I actually wondered what borough Crystal Palace was in. According to wiki it’s Bromley, which is surprising. It could be any of the four boroughs mentioned.

jfisher21

Crystal palace is actually the meeting point of 5 boroughs. The park is mainly Bromley, the triangle is mainly Croydon. Lewisham, Southwark and Lambeth also meet.

Class465pacer

Crystal Palace Bus Station (Stop D) is in Lambeth according to its postcode so the 358 doesn’t count unfortunately

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Crystal Palace Bus Station (Stop D) is in Lambeth according to its postcode so the 358 doesn’t count unfortunately
It's actually more complicated than that: learned articles have been written on the subject (I even own some of them, not that I could lay my hands on them). I used to spend hours at CP when the only Routemaster was the prototype RM1 on route 2, though I never had the money to travel on it, but managed to creep on to it while its Cricklewood crew were in the canteen.

RJ

Established Member
I believe it does, as Tesco ,Foots Cray comes under Bexley borough. The B14 also crosses over to Bexleyheath, covering two London boroughs.

The R11 was removed from the Tesco a few years back but the hospital end of the route is firmly in Bexley.

MotCO

Established Member

Looking at borough maps, the whole of Crystal Palace park is in the LB of Bromley. Stop D is in the bus terminus which is in Crystal Palace park, so I would argue that it is in Bromley. I assume that the borough boundary is along the centre of Crystal Palace Parade (A212), so the 358 bound for Orpington does not venture into Lambeth, but bound for Crystal Palace it does, so we're both right!

RogerOut

The R11 was removed from the Tesco a few years back but the hospital end of the route is firmly in Bexley.

Does the R11 go to Queen Mary’s Hospital? Do any of the R routes go to Tesco Foots Cray?

Status
Not open for further replies.