• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Last thing you ate on a train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Some chewing gum aboard 17508+170516 (in the latter if that makes any difference!) working the 1749 Birmingham New Street to Hereford on 26th October 2015.

All my other eating on a bash lately has been on buses or platforms!

Phil.

Established Member
A Gingster's sausage roll and two fly pies on the 12.21 from Cambridge to Great Chesterford this lunchtime All washed down with a reasonable coffee from the stall at the end of platform two.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Some minty chocolates left from a visit on Tuesday to The Glass Tandoori, Hereford. Devoured those beasts on 153375 working (with 170517) the 0849 HFD-BHM today

trainophile

Established Member
Some minty chocolates left from a visit on Tuesday to The Glass Tandoori, Hereford. Devoured those beasts on 153375 working (with 170517) the 0849 HFD-BHM today

I was on Platform 2 at Hereford this morning when the 0849 to Brum left from P3! If I'd known you were on board I'd have tried to find you to say hello.

After a very nice breakfast on Gerald (special treat, only decided yesterday), and an hour and 20 minutes in Cardiff, on our way back we were stuck on the 1121 CDF-HHD at Abergavenny for about an hour and a quarter, due to horses on the line!

(May I take this opportunity to say thank you to our train manager Steve, who was an absolute star during the disruption. He updated us every few minutes, couldn't apologise enough even though it wasn't Arriva's fault, and finally went through the train making sure everyone was okay about their onward connections.)

To get to the point, breakfast had worn off by then so I ate a small Milky Way that I had luckily put in my bag in case of such emergencies :D . The refreshment guy eventually came round giving out free soft drinks, but we were just about on the move by then.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
A Chicken Stuffing sarnie on 68010 from Banbury to Moor Street on the 14:10 earlier today. Bought from the buffet onboard.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Shame I didn't know you were there trainophile, I would have been easy to spot in my hi-vis coat and blue Nike holdall, good chance we walked right past each other without realising it!

Last food on a train, that would have been a cheese and ham baguette from Meal Deal aboard 170631 on the 1719 Birmingham New Street to Worcester Shrub Hill yesterday.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
A BLT Sandwich, bag of Corker's Crisps and a Victoria Sponge on the 1710 Doncaster-Newcastle yesterday.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Tea and biscuits on the 1915 from St Pancras on Saturday after being upgraded to First Class for free by EMT themselves

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Took a diverted Voyager from Carlisle last Thursday and everyone got free Water, crisps and cake, thanks Virgin! Followed that up with a Burger King meal eaten in 2 stages firstly on a 318 from Central to Partick and then on a 334 from Partick to Edinburgh!

Established Member
Thai Green curry on a 156 from Sainsburys at Manchester Piccadilly

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
2 cheese burgers, 2 portions of fries, chicken nuggets, Prawn Cocktail crisps and a bottle of beer - York to Hull

Established Member
A ham sandwich and a pork pie on a VTEC service from Kings Cross to York.

trainophile

Established Member
A Co-Op chicken dinner sandwich for a slightly early lunch on this 168 heading to Birmingham :)

Ooh I've just bought one of those for my trip out tomorrow (to Grimsby, as I've never been there). Hope it's nice (the sandwich, the weather AND Grimsby!).

Today on a TPE from Man Picc to Cleethorpes I was offered one cup of tea and one little pack of chocolate biscuits. Used to get two drinks rounds before the trolley was taken off. Only 3 or 4 people in 1st at any time, although a noisy child in the back vestibule spoiled the ambience for the last hour or so.

crispy1978

Usually a meal deal from the nearest supermarket! Find Sainsburys best if I'm honest as they do a better array of sandwiches!

deltic

Established Member
Smoked salmon followed by roast duck and finished off with cheese and biscuits washed down with a small bottle of Bordeaux and a pot of tea on the GWR pullman

trainophile

Established Member
Smoked salmon followed by roast duck and finished off with cheese and biscuits washed down with a small bottle of Bordeaux and a pot of tea on the GWR pullman

... and then you woke up? :lol:

I had a Topic and a Twix on an ATW train yesterday, but I also consumed a Greggs steak bake in Piccadilly before boarding.

backontrack

Established Member
Brie & grape sarnies, chocolate eclair, honey & ginger yoghurt on a Javelin. Washed down with orange juice & mango.

roversfan2001

Established Member
The complimentary food on VTWC Weekend First (snack box, chocolate, pretzels etc) on Sunday.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.