• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Trivia] Lines you have done in full, but not on one journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statto

Established Member
Mine is i've never done Southport-Hunts Cross on one journey, i've always got off at some point, most of the time i've done Hunts Cross-Liverpool stations/Bootle or Waterloo or Liverpool Stations-Southport, nearest i've done to full route on one journey is Southport-Liverpool South Parkway.

Any of you's have anything similar?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Waterloo - Exeter St Davids.

Longest I've done is probably Andover <-> Exeter and Salisbury <-> Waterloo, never the full length

mrcheek

Established Member
Never done London to Penzance in one go

Ive done Weston-super-Mare to London dozens of times, and Weston or Taunton to Penzance many times.

I think the furthest I ever did from Paddington was Exeter. I actually intended to go all the way to Penzance that day, on the last day of a 14 day All Line Rover, but I was feeling ill and gave up!

Harbornite

Established Member
Ecml KGX to EDB. Did the routes from Sheffield via Doncaster/York in 2014 and KGX to York a couple of months ago.

xotGD

Established Member
East Coast and West Coast Mainlines, plus Paddington to Bristol & Cardiff for me.

PeterC

Established Member
East Anglian Main Line and Southend branch. I think that every other line that I have covered in full has included an end to end trip.

xotGD

Established Member
Thought of another one: XXX to Penzance. Did St Erth to Penzance separately.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Almost every route in the country that applies to for me! How are we defining routes though?

After all, the ECML could be considered as going all the way to Aberdeen. Generally it's accepted the ECML ends at Edinburgh though, which would mean I've done all the ECML in one sitting both ways (having survived the Highland Chieftain in its entirety in 2007).

I did Hunts Cross to Southport in one go, which the OP mentions, and I was so glad to get off at the other end!

In terms of the GWML, I've done most of them in one go. Kite mentions Waterloo to Exeter via Salisbury, I've never had the patience to do that in one go. Bristol to Waterloo and vice-versa on SWT (as it was back then) services, I did that and I was very happy to see the destinations, far too long to spend in one go on a 159!

krus_aragon

Established Member
I don't think I've ever done the full length of the NWCL (Holyhead - Crewe) at once, by virtue of living halfway along it.

vlad

London to Manchester.
London to Kingswear (for Dartmouth).
London Underground Circle Line.
Ipswich to Felixstowe.

There will be others.

NorthWestRover

Established Member
I like this thread.

I don't think I've done Manchester Picc to Euston actually which is a bit crazy.

Nor the starter of this thread - Hunts X to Southport.

I maybe haven't done the ECML either, but then I'm not sure I've done Newcastle to Edinburgh, so that wouldn't count.

xotGD

Established Member
London to Manchester.
London to Kingswear (for Dartmouth).
London Underground Circle Line.
Ipswich to Felixstowe.

There will be others.
Circle Line - of course! Only a crank (or someone who'd fallen asleep) would do that in a single journey.

vlad

Circle Line - of course! Only a crank (or someone who'd fallen asleep) would do that in a single journey.

In fairness I can't say if I've done it all on actual Circle Line trains, so does that count?

alxndr

Established Member
The only place I can think of for me is the East Suffolk Line (Ipswich-Lowestoft) as I grew up halfway along it and would have headed either direction from there.

Just remembered, the Caterham Line would also meet the criteria, I usually go as far as Whyteleafe but finished the rest the other month.

Status
Not open for further replies.