• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Longest Distance between Bus Shelter and Bus Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

flythetube

I was at Primrose Street today (between Shoreditch and Liverpool Street in London) where I encountered this (see image). Is there anywhere else where this enormous distance exists between the two? You can just about make out the stop flag in the distance!

Attachments

• 1689D4B9-61B0-4BFF-A434-D711911D7FF7.jpeg
    1689D4B9-61B0-4BFF-A434-D711911D7FF7.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 70
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Contains Nuts

The stop on Wharf Road, Biddulph, in Staffordshire has a bus shelter immediately adjacent to the stop but there is also an enclosed ‘waiting room’ which is around 200ft away from the stop. Despite it being well maintained it is very rarely used as intending passengers who see the bus go past are likely to have missed it by the time they walk up to the stop.

vlad

In Stoke, there used to be quite a distance between the bus stop adjacent to the Google car here and the shelter just visible in front of the traffic lights in the distance. However, the stop has now been moved to where the shelter is.

PeterC

Established Member
On the A40 between Northleach and Andoversford the road was straightened leaving the brick built shelter on what became a service road. Last time I went past the roof had collapsed so it probably doesn't count any more

Status
Not open for further replies.