• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Nearby stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
Following on from the North Staffordshire discussion, where if you’re stood on Wedgwood platforms you can see Barlaston platforms (and visa versa of course) What other stations are there where you can see a different stations platforms from another one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spartacus

Established Member
From memory from Urmston you can see Chassen Road and Flixton in one direction and Humphrey Park and Trafford Park in the other on account of the line being dead straight until the platforms at Trafford Park.

d9009alycidon

Dalreoch can be seen from Dumbarton Central, and from Hillington East you can see the platforms at Hillington West in one direction and Cardonald in the other

PudseyBearHST

On a good day, I believe you can see the flashing yellows beyond Acton Bridge as you pass over Hartford (if going across Weaver Junction)

sprunt

Possibly not quite in the spirit of the question, but are the two Catford stations' platforms visible from one another?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Havant <> Warblington.
I think there are a few visible pairs on the “west coastway”, but that’s one I know for sure.

I'd imagine quite a few of the stations on the Ashord - Tonbridge line would meet the crieria. Although not particularly close, the line is almost dead-straight with only slight kinks at Headcorn and Paddock Wood.

Bishopstone

Established Member
Bishopstone-Seaford
Horley-Gatwick Airport

I think it’s Fishersgate (west Coastway) from where you can see the adjacent stations in both directions: Portslade and Southwick

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Sorry if it's cheating (since it's the DLR!), but Canary Wharf and West India Quay are so close (there's approximately 200m between them, according to the data I've seen) that even the tiny little DLR trains almost bridge the gap! When I first looked at it on the map I thought it was a mistake or that one station had been replaced but never closed. But having been there recently the existence of the quay without any other bridge between the two sides explains all ;)

A bit of an expensive bridge 'toll' at £1.70 peak / £1.50 off-peak if you do end up just using the DLR from one station to the other!

tsr

Established Member
Sorry if it's cheating (since it's the DLR!), but Canary Wharf and West India Quay are so close (there's approximately 200m between them, according to the data I've seen) that even the tiny little DLR trains almost bridge the gap! When I first looked at it on the map I thought it was a mistake or that one station had been replaced but never closed. But having been there recently the existence of the quay without any other bridge between the two sides explains all ;)

A bit of an expensive bridge 'toll' at £1.70 peak / £1.50 off-peak if you do end up just using the DLR from one station to the other!

The three stations of West India Quay, Canary Wharf and Heron Quays are all exceedingly close to each other and aren't designed as a really expensive bridge, so far as I know. There are other pedestrian bridges and structures quite close by, if you'd rather walk (which I have done many times, and it's hardly impractical unless you're in a tearing hurry).

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
The three stations of West India Quay, Canary Wharf and Heron Quays are all exceedingly close to each other and aren't designed as a really expensive bridge, so far as I know. There are other pedestrian bridges and structures quite close by, if you'd rather walk (which I have done many times, and it's hardly impractical unless you're in a tearing hurry).
Ah, well I must have missed them when I was there!

Status
Not open for further replies.