• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRIVIA: NR Stations with departure screens for another (NR) station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Was watching Geoff Marshall's latest video and while he was at Coulsdon Town station he noted that there was departure screen for Coulsdon South station there. Coulsdon Town and Coulsdon South stations are completely separate. This got me thinking if there are any similar examples? I can think of Birmingham New St where I've seen a departure screen for Birmingham Moor St.

For this thread I am excluding separate departure screens for other parts of the same station (e.g. low level platforms) and departure screens for other forms of transport e.g. LUL, buses, trams etc. I'm confining this to NR stations only.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ethano92

I think the last time I went to Purley Oaks, departures were shown for Sanderstead station a short walk away.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I think the last time I went to Purley Oaks, departures were shown for Sanderstead station a short walk away.

Was there last time I visited. Likewise Upper Warlingham & Whyteleafe have boards for the other station

You could probably put Kings Cross & St Pancras on the list as well as Peterborough & Cambridge services from St Pancras show on the boards at Kings Cross.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Not a seperate board, but King's Cross shows northbound GN Thameslink departures from St Pancras on the same board.

ag51ruk

Going back a few years(mid 1980s!), the St Pancras Solari board had two panels for departures from Kings Cross Midland City (later Thameslink) after the Bedford - Moorgate electrification was completed - they were coloured blue rather than the usual black

USBT

Well the obvious one is that Coulsdon South also has Coulsdon Town departures on the screens just beside the ticket barriers (for the up platform at least).

Not particularly impressed with Geoff’s video. It was visiting “all stations on the Tattenham Corner line“, yet he missed the first one (Reedham).

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Not particularly impressed with Geoff’s video. It was visiting “all stations on the Tattenham Corner line“, yet he missed the first one (Reedham).

He does say in the video he's exploring the stations after the line *geographically* branches away from the main line at Coulsdon Town. I.e. the bit most people never see. Plus Reedham is probably not very interesting anyway....

Videos like his have always got to balance the content with watchability - add Reedham in then either the video becomes too long* or reduce the time available for more interesting stations.

*His videos tend to be about 10-15 minutes long - a nice "attention span" length of time I find (especially with my kids around distracting me).

AndrewE

Established Member
I wish that Wigan Wallgate and N Western had screens for the other one, but I can imagine that as both stations have platforms 1 and 2 it could be confusing for less-experienced users - and a good excuse for not doing it! (I assume the other examples quoted above are the same, though.)
It would be very useful to know whether you need to rush across the road, or whether your connection is late too...

CHAPS2034

I wish that Wigan Wallgate and N Western had screens for the other one, but I can imagine that as both stations have platforms 1 and 2 it could be confusing for less-experienced users - and a good excuse for not doing it! (I assume the other examples quoted above are the same, though.)
It would be very useful to know whether you need to rush across the road, or whether your connection is late too...

If you go to the Wigan Central bar under N Western, it has the boards for both Wigan stations...:D

route101

Established Member
Suprised Glasgow Queen St and Central dont have screens for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.