• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia; Pubs close to stations that show departure times on-screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PR1Berske

Established Member
New to me! But I know the McDonald's and a former(?) café in the Fishergate Centre did. Wouldn't be surprised to hear if a few more did.

I suspect the new Lancaster Brewery pub will have them when it opens. Don't think any in Lancaster do at the moment, would be a nice addition!
The McDonald's in Fishergate is an unusual one. I noticed that a train was delayed so was placed in the list of departures at the expected time, not the scheduled time.

So for arguments sake, if all trains were on time it would have said:

1012 Blackpool North
1016 Blackpool North
1021 London Euston
1025 Leeds
1030 Manchester Victoria
1032 Blackpool North
1035 Liverpool Lime Street

This one said

1012 Blackpool North
1016 Blackpool North
1021 London Euston
1030 Manchester Victoria
1032 Blackpool North
1025 Leeds (Expected 1033)
1035 Liverpool Lime Street

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mjmason1996

The North Western. I’m in here at the moment, all I can see is a large screen LCD showing BBC News.

Saperstein.

EDIT: There is one but it’s hidden away near the coffee machines in a dark corner at the end of the bar.

Very difficult to read though looks like the screen is on its last legs. (Looks a lot darker and faded by the naked eye).

Saperstein.

View attachment 67440
That's the one! I remember it being in a funny place out the way..

Status
Not open for further replies.