• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Pubs with departure boards? (not on railway land)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironside

Today I ended up in a pub 100 meters and across the road from Blackwater railway station.

It's large screen TVs wasn't showing any sport but had still adverts for local businesses scrolling on it and the live departures for the railway station.

Has anybody else seen this in other pubs that are not on railway land or immediately next door?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrPIC

Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street has boards in it too, but then it is part of the station so won't really count.

PR1Berske

Established Member
Wigan Central, a micropub in Wigan, has arrival and departure screens for both Wigan NW and Wigan Wallgate, inside the venue.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Yes, the one underneath Wigan North Western has departure boards which are useful.

The ones in Leeds Weatherspoons seem to have been removed for some reason, which is a bit of a backwards step.

northernchris

Established Member
There's also a pub at Shipley next to the station which shows live departures although I cannot remember its name :oops:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
The Knights Templar (Spoons) close to Bristol Temple Meads used to have one but I think it was later removed.

theironroad

Established Member
McDonald's at Woking, about 100 yds outside station, has live train and bus departures.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
The Prince of Wales, over the road from Didcot Parkway starting certainly used to have them, and may still do

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
"The Great Western" opposite Swindon station had them when I was last in there (albeit some time ago)

bnm

Established Member
The 'GW' opposite Swindon station still has its Live Departures screen. At least it did yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.