• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia - Signal boxes with more than 1 compass direction in their name

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsker

(Mods - please feel free to move this if it would fit better in another catagory)
I was brought up on Tyneside and South Gosforth was my local station. It was at one point of a triangle, with the signal boxes at the other points of the triangle being "South Gosforth East" and "South Gosforth West". While I'm sure that there will be others, it has struck me that there won't be too many signal boxes with more than 1 of North, East, South or West in their name.
South Gosforth East and West boxes controlled access into both ends of the EMU & DMU shed there and West also was the start of the Ponteland branch. Just for good measure there was previously a West Gosforth station with its own signal box about where Regent Centre Metro station is now, but it closed when the Ponteland service ceased in the 1930s.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
Eastleigh East and West, if that is acceptable.
Westbury North and South.
North Kent East Junction and North Kent West Junction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.