• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Stations that are the only station to only be served by a class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
...the only station to only be served by 185s, with all the other stations they serve either being served additionally by different stock from other operators (in a few cases the other operator only provides a limited service, for example stations between Huddersfield and Stalybridge)

And who would this other operator be? Northern ended passenger services between Huddersfield and Stalybridge in December 2019 as I recall.

DanNCL

Established Member
And who would this other operator be? Northern ended passenger services between Huddersfield and Stalybridge in December 2019 as I recall.
I thought Northern still operated a limited service over that route but I stand corrected!

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
All stations north of Inverness, served only by 158s
All stations on the Cambrian west of Shrewsbury, served only by 158s
Conwy Valley & Borderlands lines, served only by 150s
Polesworth & Atherstone are served only by 350s, as are Penkridge, Winsford & Hartford.

I believe that Lockerbie is only served by 397s

Conwy Valley is now booked to be 153s when it is open. 150s on the Borderlines to be replaced by 230s in the near future.
150s only on Looe and Gunnislake Branches

thenorthern

Established Member
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Sunderland is the only station where mainline platforms are served by Class 599 (Tyne and Wear Metro) stock.

Similar Rotherham Central is the only station with mainline platforms served by Class 399 (Sheffield Supertram Train Train stock).

SeanG

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Sunderland is the only station where mainline platforms are served by Class 599 (Tyne and Wear Metro) stock.

True, however TOPS notes Metro units as Class 994. (that's what they are all numbered 40xx)

EDIT:

St Peters sometimes gets Northern services when Newcastle play Sunderland at the Stadium of Light, not sure whether this would count as a mainline station in the strictest sense.

(For anyone wondering why St Peters is served in such an instance and not Stadium of Light, well the route from St Peters to the away end of the ground is an easier route to guide/shepherd/route march (*delete as you will) away fans and keep them separate from home fans)

A Challenge

Established Member
Given there appears to be no exclusion of LU, I nominate 2009 Tube Stock at Pimlico.

Not the case any more, but when the Chesham branch was worked by the short length shuttle as it fitted in the bays was that the only type at Chesham?

thenorthern

Established Member
True, however TOPS notes Metro units as Class 994. (that's what they are all numbered 40xx)

EDIT:

St Peters sometimes gets Northern services when Newcastle play Sunderland at the Stadium of Light, not sure whether this would count as a mainline station in the strictest sense.

(For anyone wondering why St Peters is served in such an instance and not Stadium of Light, well the route from St Peters to the away end of the ground is an easier route to guide/shepherd/route march (*delete as you will) away fans and keep them separate from home fans)

St Peter's is closer to the Stadium of Light than Stadium of Light metro station is as well.

Sadly though I given the way things are going for us at the moment on Wearside I don't think we will be hosting the Mags anytime soon.

Scotrail84

Established Member
The West Highland line is served only by the class 156, and Mossley - Slaithwaite on the Manchester - Huddersfield stretch only by 185s. Uckfield branch only 171s. There are many. Most GA rural lines only see 755s.

Do 73's and Mk5's not count?

Status
Not open for further replies.