• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Stations within same postcode area where you have to leave and re-enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheWalrus

Established Member
Pewsey/Bedwyn to Swindon/Chippenham (all SN) travel either via Reading (RG and OX) or Westbury (BA).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Crewkerne to Taunton (TA) via Exeter (EX).

kieron

Established Member
Of course, you could stay in LL by routing it via the Ffestiniog Railway between Minffordd and Blaenau Ffestioniog.
You couldn't get to Wrexham that way, though. Not now the Ruabon-Barmouth line's gone. There are plenty of trains which call at Wrexham and Prestatyn in the current timetable, too.

Another example without a change of train is Langley Mill (NG16) - Nottingham (NG2), where the train would pass through the outskirts of Ilkeston (DE7) en route. Alfreton's in DE55, so there's no escape by going the wrong way.

Jonny

Established Member
Bradford Forster Square to Bradford Interchange (both BD) needs to go via Leeds (LS).

kieron

Established Member
Not necessary - just get a direct train via Apperley Junction?
That wouldn't help. I'm not sure about Apperley Junction itself, but properties on Apperley Lane on both sides of the line are in BD10 (Apperley Bridge, Bradford).

IanD

Established Member
That wouldn't help. I'm not sure about Apperley Junction itself, but properties on Apperley Lane on both sides of the line are in BD10 (Apperley Bridge, Bradford).

It would avoid an unnecessary detour via Shipley as stated. The direct route possibly just passes through a tiny part of BD17 and lots of BD10.

34D

Established Member
It would avoid an unnecessary detour via Shipley as stated. The direct route possibly just passes through a tiny part of BD17 and lots of BD10.

I apologise. I got my junctions confused.

IanD has correctly got what I was trying to say.

Does Ulleskelf LS24 to Weeton LS17 via YO and HG count? Bonus points when the whole lot is in (pre 1996, when City of York became unitary) North Yorkshire?

Status
Not open for further replies.