• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Strike-Induced Timetable Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
That’s way too many crew changes for a 3 and a half hour journey. I remember when Glasgow depot was able to go all the way to Manchester airport and then they took it off their cards which is stupid considering it would rarely get cancelled throughout
That's easy to say in retrospect! But fixing it now would be a very long and expensive affair and so I cannot see it happening anytime soon.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Some guy

That's easy to say in retrospect! But fixing it now would be a very long and expensive affair and so I cannot see it happening anytime soon.
The simple thing is Glasgow crews should always work down to Preston instead of jumping out at Carlisle as they do now so at least if it’s cancelled it’s at least running from Preston up to Scotland

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The simple thing is Glasgow crews should always work down to Preston instead of jumping out at Carlisle as they do now so at least if it’s cancelled it’s at least running from Preston up to Scotland
That would make sense. But it would cost more crew as it would not be as efficient. The crewing situation is already pretty bad as it stands, you don't want to do anything to make it worse. There is no prospect of the DfT agreeing to the overtime deals and/or increase in complement required to make things reliable.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Particularly as, with the level of TPE cancellations and the insistent refusal of Avanti to reinstate the Euston- Glasgow via Birmingham services, we’re now looking at a service of approx 1.5tph (or 3tp2h) on the northern half of the WCML (as opposed to 3tph previously).

The result is severe overcrowding (as I had to enjoy on my voyager from Carlisle to Preston this morning, standing and sitting in the vestibules).

Some guy

Particularly as, with the level of TPE cancellations and the insistent refusal of Avanti to reinstate the Euston- Glasgow via Birmingham services, we’re now looking at a service of approx 1.5tph (or 3tp2h) on the northern half of the WCML (as opposed to 3tph previously).

The result is severe overcrowding (as I had to enjoy on my voyager from Carlisle to Preston this morning, standing and sitting in the vestibules
It’s an absolute disgrace it’s gone that long without it returning. Blackpool is nowhere near as popular as going up to Glasgow. It’s only sent there to be put out of the way at Preston. There’s been rumours it’s due to crew shortages why they haven’t returned

Status
Not open for further replies.