• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRIVIA: What is the furthest you can travel by train in a day from London?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AY1975

Established Member
Does anyone know what is the longest distance that you can travel by train in mainland Europe starting from London?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

You can reach Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, all on the same day from London.

I haven't calculated the distances but i am guessing the furthest would probably be London (UK) to Budapest (Hungary) as this seems like quite a long distance or possible London (UK) to Malmo (Sweden) may be slightly further.

I believe that London (UK) to Rome (Italy) and also London (UK) to Madrid (Spain) can also both be done on the same day.

Veteran Member
Allowing overnight trains, in 24 hours you can reach Estoril via Lisbon, Lamezia Terme in Southern Italy, Rzesow in Poland, Presov in Slovakia, and Subotica in NW Serbia.
Lamezia is by some margin the furthest away (by Googlemaps, so road mileage).

I believe that London (UK) to Warsaw (Poland) is also possible on the same day. This may be slightly further than my other examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.