• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: What's the biggest disparity in vehicle quality on the same route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin2012

Service 36 (Brislington to Bristol City Centre) commonly has one of the red Citylines East branded gas buses but since the introduction of the Clean Air Zone I've noticed older kit on weekday evening journeys the last few times I've used them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Contains Nuts

Last time I was in Manchester, Magic seemed to be running with entirely cascaded E400s - presumably Stagecoach's oldest ones and released by the gradual delivery of MMCs across Manchester. They do feel a bit the worse for wear of course but ultimately they're similar to the non-Magic (umm... muggle?) buses.
Very different as you say to a few years ago where I'm pretty sure a lot of the vehicles would not be considered remotely acceptable to put on the "proper" Stagecoach-branded services.
Buses currently being painted into the new Magic Bus livery seem to be predominantly hybrids that formerly had the green version of the beach ball livery. These days there is no hiding that they are Stagecoach buses as they are in a variation of the new livery with the new Stagecoach logo on the sides.

py_megapixel

Established Member
Buses currently being painted into the new Magic Bus livery seem to be predominantly hybrids that formerly had the green version of the beach ball livery. These days there is no hiding that they are Stagecoach buses as they are in a variation of the new livery with the new Stagecoach logo on the sides.
It's never been all that subtle - "Brought to you by Stagecoach" is fairly unambiguous, after all...

Statto

Established Member
Arriva Birkenhead can have any bus in the depot[that's available for service] allocated to any route, although deckers are not allocated to the 487 because of low bridges in Neston, i've often seen single deckers allocated to 407/432/433/437/471/472 routes, & cross river hybrid deckers allocated to non cross river routes. & oldest bus is 06 plate, newest 13 plate

Status
Not open for further replies.