• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

(Trivia) your favourite special liveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
The Tour de France 158 Northern Rail did when it came to Yorkshire
The Virgin flowing silk pride livery (because it fixed their awful livery)
The Virgin BEAM liveries (who DOESN'T want Deadpool on their train?)

Neptune

Established Member
Yeah I liked that livery. It seemed to turn up on the Leeds-Glasgow service frequently.
That service was booked for a 158/9 but over time it dropped any 158, occasionally 156’s and even a 153 (possibly a pair). It may have ended up with a 142 on it but not sure if that went beyond Carlisle.

KendalKing

Established Member
I am very surprised that nobody have mention my current favourite, 156480 Spirit of the Royal Air Force.

Iskra

Established Member
That service was booked for a 158/9 but over time it dropped any 158, occasionally 156’s and even a 153 (possibly a pair). It may have ended up with a 142 on it but not sure if that went beyond Carlisle.
I’ve seen a photo of the ATN Northern 156 at Glasgow Central, but I think the 153 might be a myth, I’ve not been able to find any evidence of that actually happen, have you seen any photos to confirm it?

Whistler40145

Established Member
I’ve seen a photo of the ATN Northern 156 at Glasgow Central, but I think the 153 might be a myth, I’ve not been able to find any evidence of that actually happen, have you seen any photos to confirm it?
Were 153s cleared through to Glasgow Central or any part of Scotland?

Logan Carroll

The mock DB livery on 90 029 for the sheer irony of it later being on DB’s books and being repainted in their livery.

Meglodon 5

FCC Class 365 Promotional liveries:
"Cambridge & Ely"
"Garden Cities of Hertfordshire"
"Environmental Capital Peterborough"
"Nelson's County, Norfolk"
I thought they were great to promote train travel to visit notable destinations.
I especially love the last one as 365s never went near Norfolk.

Status
Not open for further replies.