• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trouble at Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordeh

I arrived at Leicester station at around 19:40 this evening following a rugby match. Numerous police were arriving and parked at the station (Around 5 vehicles) and I found the police had boarded an EMT Nottingham to St Pancras train. There seemed to be an awful lot of arm waving and arguing within 1 carriage (Around 10 people involved and a similar number of police), then 10 minutes later a large fight erupted with the police and went on for around 5 minutes until they were all dragged off the train. From what I heard they were drunk Nottingham Forest fans although they had no scarfs/shirts so I've little idea whether they were fighting among each other or had an argument with train management.

Not long afterwards the train was emptied, and I presume they all got on the next 19:28 Nottingham > St pancras train although I couldn't see this. The empty train left towards St Pancras not long afterwards.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get any times of the train (Class 222) but from what I could make out it hadn't been there too long when I arrived. Just wondering if anyone knew what had kicked off or the details of the train?

imag0274f.jpg

Quick photo I managed to grab!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Should have had them to calm down all of the drunk Evertonians on my trains back from Milton Keynes to Rugeley TV.

One and a half hours worth of standing, one and a half hours worth of listening to bad language and chants, not bad compared to this

Bittern

Established Member
What unit was involved?

Honestly, this is why if there's a football match at Parkhead, I'll always get the Larkhall train home, as it doesn't stop at Bridgeton where all the football fans seemingly get off/on.

bengolding

If the train was emptied of passengers before going south, sadly I assume that on board staff may have been attacked before requesting assistance and therefore be in no state to continue. If this is the case, all TOCs have a zero tolerance towards abuse of staff and I hope EMT take appropriate steps to punish those involved.

SS4

Established Member
If the train was emptied of passengers before going south, sadly I assume that on board staff may have been attacked before requesting assistance and therefore be in no state to continue. If this is the case, all TOCs have a zero tolerance towards abuse of staff and I hope EMT take appropriate steps to punish those involved.

I agree! Could it have been stock damage? For example I doubt the train would be able to continue if a fire alarm was broken

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Should have had them to calm down all of the drunk Evertonians on my trains back from Milton Keynes to Rugeley TV.

One and a half hours worth of standing, one and a half hours worth of listening to bad language and chants, not bad compared to this

In all fairness they had just beaten Chelsea in the 4th round of the FA cup (replay). Given the season they're having had you can't blame them for having a sing song on the way home.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
In all fairness they had just beaten Chelsea in the 4th round of the FA cup (replay). Given the season they're having had you can't blame them for having a sing song on the way home.

Indeed, but it seems to happen whatever the weather, some teams are worse than others, it can get on your wick after a while, and be intimidating, IPT, if you were on that LM Great Escape, why not go from Keynes-New St-Rugeley? Ypou would have had ample time to change at Northampton or Rugby if it bothered you that much.

As for Parkhead, well, as they are the arch-enemy, I would avoid it too.

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Indeed, but it seems to happen whatever the weather, some teams are worse than others, it can get on your wick after a while, and be intimidating, IPT, if you were on that LM Great Escape, why not go from Keynes-New St-Rugeley? Ypou would have had ample time to change at Northampton or Rugby if it bothered you that much.

Because that would have meant an extra hour and a half journey time.

We were on:

1825 MKC - Crewe get into Rugeley Trent Valley for 1943

If we had changed at Northampton onto the Birmingham train, which was coupled behind us:

1856 Northampton - Birmingham New Street for 20:01
20:17 Birmingham New Street for Rugeley Town for 21:13, back in the house for half past nine

No disrespect but I am the kind of person that once a day is done in some way, I wanna get home as quickly as possible

Clip

Established Member
From what I heard they were drunk Nottingham Forest fans although they had no scarfs/shirts so I've little idea whether they were fighting among each other or had an argument with train management.

most fans who spoil for a fight dont wear 'colours' so they can pass through normal parts of town/get different routes to the game and not get noticed so they can have a fight.

Chew Chew

most fans who spoil for a fight dont wear 'colours' so they can pass through normal parts of town/get different routes to the game and not get noticed so they can have a fight.

Most 'casuals' have a uniform of their own.

Normally it includes a bit of Stone Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.