• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trouble at the Top (A GNER special)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

The friendly people at RailUK have been developing a TV show which is being shown on BBC sometime in the future, here is the end of the trailer for it:

gnertrouble.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

No, as its "The ONE to watch", and its translucent when its that, its red if its a normal prog.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
(original script by Tim Fenton)

[Garnett, Branson and Souter in GNER Offices]
Garnett: I'd have to consider my position here. We have a significant brand
which must command a premium price.
Souter [rummages in pocket and takes out coin]: Ah'll give ye a poond fer
it.
Garnett [taken aback]: Now look here. This isn't a fire sale. GNER isn't
just for sale to the first bidder. I'm sure we could get a far better price
elsewhere.
Branson [rummages in pocket and takes out coin]: Alright, two pounds.
Garnett: We can't just sell out without considering all the options.
Branson: Moir Lockhead's in town as well.
Souter: Aye, wid ye prrrefer tae become jest another division o' Firrrrst?
Garnett: You're just bluffing. How would you know?
Branson: The staff restaurant have been ordering, sort of, extra, y'know,
stuff.
Souter: D'ye want tae do the deal wi' the scabby fat basa?
Branson: No chance of, y'know, nice press launches with babes, and that.

Oh, my friend has renamed BBC ONE to 'one' on his Freeview reciever :lol:

T

Tom

Well, another programme, in the true style of media "we don't have a clue about trains so we pick a random one from the train operator"...

gnerderailed.jpg

[FONT=Verdana,Arial][/FONT]

Mintona

Established Member
Isn't that a copyright infringement using the BBC logos? I don't know, but I would have thought it was. Maybe think before posting on an open forum......

Daniel

Established Member
The BBC logo has registered copywright but you are allowed to use the logo as long as you are not claiming it as your own or using it to sustain a profit.

T

Tom

Indeed, as I am using it for "Mocks" it is perfectly fine.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Aww, damn...

Still looks too much like an official BBC thing though. Maybe a proper parody would be better, using some other kind of colour? I don't know, blue perhaps?

I reckon a parody using the style, but not the words and instead some different colours, would be funnier.

richa2002

Established Member
Use flood fill and set it at a different opacity, you'll have to experiment to get it right.

traveller1030

Nice mocks there - one slight flaw with the first, whilst you have used GNER's 'corporate' typeface differentiating the N and E from the G and R, the BBC would never do that. Apart from that, good work I'll have to start work on some Thames'link' ones!

On copyright, it is 'fair use' - besides, I want something for my hefty licence fee...

Mojo, thanks for the belly laugh.

Virgin East Coast? *shudders*

T

Tom

GNER Corporate Typeface is included with Windows, hehe.

TW Cen MT is it, but I was just wondering what it would look like with the logo inserted.

Nick

For those who are interested there is an interview with GNER MD in the latest issue of the Railway Magazine.

Jonno2055

I have been inspired...

I have no idea of what i've been inspired to do but anyway if it were possible you should make an actualy advert for the programme.

metrocammel

I believe that DVT might be very slightly out of gauge, it has a flap open on the right side. That particular photo I believe was taken by Yorkie (or possibly Sethinauld) at Motherwell on a recent Glasgow trip.

Jonno2055

I don't know about you Tubechallenger but I use picasa picture editor to get the same affect.

T

Tom

Picasa... you can't get the exact same effect with Picasa. Opacity *is* used, but it isn't the only bit used.

Status
Not open for further replies.