• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trouble with BVE 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonBVE

Hi,

I am having some problem with my BVE 4. I don't know is it only me or others also affect too. It happen like this when I open BVE 4 both windowed and Full-Screen mode a black background will appeared with the Route Selection Screen. I thought it is normal as sometime after choosing the route when loading it will have the BVE 4 loading screen, but instead of having the blue BVE 4 screen a white screen appear with the loading below. After loading the route the route can be seen but no in really good condition. Eg. NWM Class 156 Maybank - Riverside the train turn gray in colour while the background is like real-life evening. Both windowed mode and full screen mode (32 and 16 bits) have the same thing.

This thing only happend the day after I downloaded the newest NVIDIA graphics card update 91.47 on 30/09/2006 for my GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 graphics card. Anyone know why, other games seems to work really well except BVE. :scratch::scratch::dontknow::dontknow:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Yep, the new nVidia drivers don't seem to work with BVE. You need to install 84.21 or below, and it should work! :)

Rollback the drivers.

I made this instruction sheet, as I had a handful of people asking me how to do this.

you%20really%20have%20mess%20up%20your%20graphics%20driver%20bigtime.GIF

Edot: Please ignore my graphics card model (FX 5200) as you may have a different card (Alan, in your case its MX/MX 400), but the main instructions remain the same.

Jordy

Established Member
I had the same problem when I updated my nVidia drivers, so yeah just roll 'em back! ;)

Jordy

LondonBVE

Thanks it works it rolls back to my previous version 7.7.7.2 . Perhaps time to update to 84.21 (which is the last version where BVE 4 can accept). :) Thanks. Mod maybe stickied this topic it may help.

Nelson

I have a similar problem with BVE4.2, everything loads ok, plays great, but most times, especially after playing Birmingham X City in high detail, when I exit and go back to my desktop I suddenly get a blue screen, where it says the pc has had to be shut down for it's own protection because of some fault with NV4.dll, which I assume is to do with the NVidia FX5200 card I have installed, I have the latest driver, forceware163.75 installed. I have to then switch off the machine at the main button and restart. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Regards
Dave

J_Legrand

I have the same *white screen* problem.
Does anyone know if there is BVE compatible nVidia drivers for Vista 32bits? I'm stuck on this even after hours of searching on the forums. :s - And my BVE screen is desperatly white.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.