• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trowbridge to Clapham Junction via Salisbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Afternoon,

Just trying to work out whether a Super Off-Peak Single from Trowbridge to Clapham Junction with the route via Salisbury would be valid from Southampton Central? Obviously there are direct trains from Salisbury to Waterloo but to be honest, I quite fancy a ride on a Desiro, so was wondering whether that fare would be valid as I'd be travelling via Salisbury from Trowbridge to Southampton with GWR.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Can you get NRE to offer a fare that way? Or via Eastleigh (OK, slight problem there...)

kieron

Established Member
Just trying to work out whether a Super Off-Peak Single from Trowbridge to Clapham Junction with the route via Salisbury would be valid from Southampton Central?
I don't think so. You'd need something like a return from Basingstoke to Romsey to cover the gap.

Kite159

Veteran Member
It's okay. I got off at Woking and got a 12-car 450 to Waterloo.

Luxurious.

I assume you were on the service which doesn't call at Clapham, the stopper from Salisbury. Normally if you change at Basingstoke it is a ~ 6 minute wait on the same platform for a service from Weymouth which is normally a 444, non-stop to Clapham.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Luxurious.

I assume you were on the service which doesn't call at Clapham, the stopper from Salisbury. Normally if you change at Basingstoke it is a ~ 6 minute wait on the same platform for a service from Weymouth which is normally a 444, non-stop to Clapham.

No, sorry, I was on the 9.29 from Trowbridge, and then got an Alton to Waterloo service to Clapham.

Status
Not open for further replies.