• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Truck Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilted_Scot

To open up the Base.scs you need an scs archive extractor, you can get it from the ETS2 Website or the Scania Truck Sim website, there are various video tutorials on Youtube explaining how to open up the base.
I have done a skinning tutorial as well located, here.

Oh and Zulnex, I think we may have met on another forum buddy :)

Thank you very much :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CC 72100

Established Member
My hired driver is profiting £14 day, yours is doing good!

Ouch. Not exactly worthwhile then! It take it your driver was of a low level, as I see that possible drivers have a figure (the highest I could get at the moment is 2.5) next to them.

I should be able to buy a garage soon, but I'm not going to bother taking out a loan for a garage, truck and driver if profit can be hard to come by.

Trainfan344

Established Member
I got Euro Truck Simulator 2 for my birthday, just installed it, the first mission I did was Birmingham to Felixstowe, during which I managed to roll the truck over and arrive late,

The Second job I did was Birmingham to Liverpool, which I completed succesfully, I even managed to reverse the lorry in both times eventually.

MCR247

Established Member
I haven't got the patience to reverse the trucks in :lol:

richw

Veteran Member
I've perfected reversing in thanks to some earlier tips in this thread regarding cameras to use when reversing. Get a fair few extra xp points as well to reverse in

Trainfan344

Established Member
I haven't got the patience to reverse the trucks in :lol:

Using the 3rd camera, I can get them in eventually, but I only do it on job's when I have at least 5 hours until the deadline, if I'm getting close to the deadline, I just Automatically park it, What set up's are people using for driving? I have mine on Full Automatic.

Kilted_Scot

I have semi auto too. Using wheel and pedals I have for iracing. Good fun.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've just bought a brand new PC, finally with decent enough specs to play ETS2 (as well as OMSI and Train Sim 2013) and must admit, I can't wait. I have no real interest in trucks, but I've spent hours watching YouTube videos of this game and it just looks amazing. My PC won't be here for another couple of weeks, but my copy of ETS2 has safely arrived for when it does :)

Phil6219

I drive from the cab now at all times :D Reversing a trailer from in the cab is quite easy once you have got the basics (mentioned earlier) combined with using the mirrors as intended (remember the lower of the two wing mirrors gives you a better view of the absolute rear of the trailer).

I've not been on in a few weeks, I'm too busy again being back at work combined with either filming or working on the ELR every weekend so it's quite a struggle to do anything now...

Phil 8-)

MCR247

Established Member
I've just bought a brand new PC, finally with decent enough specs to play ETS2 (as well as OMSI and Train Sim 2013) and must admit, I can't wait. I have no real interest in trucks, but I've spent hours watching YouTube videos of this game and it just looks amazing. My PC won't be here for another couple of weeks, but my copy of ETS2 has safely arrived for when it does :)

Haha same here, mine arrived a couple of weeks ago! And tbh, I've barely even played ETS2 and TS13, I've spent most of my life dedicated to OMSI! :oops:

Trainfan344

Established Member
I had a fun time this morning, when at the end of my delivery, I had to turn across the road and through a gap which was just wide enough for my lorry.

CC 72100

Established Member
I had a fun time this morning, when at the end of my delivery, I had to turn across the road and through a gap which was just wide enough for my lorry.

Trameri depot by any chance? They're notoriously a pain to get into.

Lrd

Established Member
I may have used a little money cheat, I now have 14 garages all with 5 spaces in 5 countries along with 70 trucks and drivers. :)

Trainfan344

Established Member
I may have used a little money cheat, I now have 14 garages all with 5 spaces in 5 countries along with 70 trucks and drivers. :)

I do know how to cheat, but I like to earn it, I mean, today I carried acid from Manchester to London.

Lrd

Established Member
I do know how to cheat, but I like to earn it, I mean, today I carried acid from Manchester to London.
I do appreciate the way to play a game properly but I don't play it anywhere near often enough for me to truly care about it, I mess around with it every now and then.

It's a bit of a faff for me to run anyways as I have to use VMware Fusion on my Mac to boot up Windows and then boot up ETS (or any other games) and they don't run all that well on this fairly old machine. I really need a new computer :(

Trainfan344

Established Member
I have had to Patch Euro Truck Simulator 2, downloaded the patch, how do I instal it?

Trainfan344

Established Member
Double click and it should run itself. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Hasn't worked, have emailed the offical help email address who said to save a copy of the profiles and then unistall and download of internet as registration key should work.

deltic1989

Established Member

I don't cheat, well not in the traditional way anyway. As an ETS2 modder I have discovered the files in the BASE.scs file that govern the pricing and level unlock of the trucks and aftermarket parts etc and made a few changes.
I tested my theory by buying a Scania R700 Topline with a 6x4 chassis and oodles of chrome for the princely sum of 20 Euros.

If anyone would like any skins for their trucks, to change the fake companies into real ones then I have a facebook page. Just search 'Webbo and Mummytrucker Mod Page' and you should find us, there are some of Mrs D's efforts in there too. Please note that although it states that requests are taken. Due to some technical Issues I cannot actually take requests at the moment.
Anyway head over if you like and let me know what you think.

I have included some shots of some of the skins on offer on the FB page (Exept the Stobart one, the trailer is a friends creation but the Unit is one of mine.

Attachments

• ets2_00083.jpg
    ets2_00083.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 26
  • ets2_00005.png
    ets2_00005.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • ets2_00028.png
    ets2_00028.png
    949.8 KB · Views: 18
  • ets2_00065.jpg
    ets2_00065.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 17
  • ets2_00064.jpg
    ets2_00064.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 16
  • ets2_00017.jpg
    ets2_00017.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Lrd

Established Member
Same great work you've done there, they look great!

Trainfan344

Established Member
I have finally saved up for my new truck, and I have patched the game!

Lrd

Established Member
What does the patch do?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Don't worry, just found it on the website.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
My new PC arrived today, and I headed straight for Euro Truck Simulator 2. I'd also treated myself to a used Logitech G27 wheel and it's proving to be a great investment - having done the first mission using a keyboard just to test the game and performance, it's a big improvement using a good wheel.

I've not bought my own truck yet, I'm trying to get around 50k in the bank before taking out a loan so it's less saving to get a second truck (or that's the plan!) so I'm enjoying testing out the various models. I must say the basic Iveco trucks are terrible - I've done Grimsby to Carlisle and Grimsby to Amsterdam in them and it was an interesting experience going up hill. I've also enjoyed a couple of runs in a Mercedes and it was a pleasure. Does anyone have any reccomendations for when I do get around to getting my own truck? So much choice! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.