• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRUST - finding a specific unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastCoastway

Hello,

Part of my job involves looking for lost property and knowing what a unit is working after it has terminated would be handy on the off chance that when the service has been terminated an item hasn't been found. Does anyone know the TRUST command for finding the diagram for a specific unit, please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LA50041

Established Member
Hello,

Part of my job involves looking for lost property and knowing what a unit is working after it has terminated would be handy on the off chance that when the service has been terminated an item hasn't been found. Does anyone know the TRUST command for finding the diagram for a specific unit, please?
Think you can only get a unit diagram from genius.
I’ve not found a way otherwise

janb

If you have access to Gemini you can do it.

With TRUST I was only ever able to look at a location, look at the unit allocation (command UA) and work it out myself.

Aictos

Established Member
If you have access to Gemini you can do it.

With TRUST I was only ever able to look at a location, look at the unit allocation (command UA) and work it out myself.

Indeed time consuming but sometimes quicker if you put in the TOC code too especially if it’s a location served by more then one TOC.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Hello,

Surely asking your manager for the appropriate training would be the right answer

Aictos

Established Member
Surely asking your manager for the appropriate training would be the right answer

Depends on the manager, when I used it in a previous role like everything elsewhere I had to learn on the job and teach myself as it wasn’t something the manager knew anything about.

In the end, it depends on the training that’s available.

Would an 'E3' Locomotive Enquiry be of any use?
But it would only tell you where the unit is last reported as being at, and the previous service it ran.

It used to be possible to check a specific unit in TRUST (using the TSRO function).

However that was removed when Web Gemini was brought online in the late 2000s.

Your best bet is to ask officially for a Web Gemini sign-on, with the appropriate permissions to access units operated by whichever TOC you need.

hurri67

Indeed time consuming but sometimes quicker if you put in the TOC code too especially if it’s a location served by more then one TOC.

could you pm me the input code so I can try it please?

Status
Not open for further replies.