• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trying to buy a One Day Travelcard from London Zones 1-6 to Tilbury Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgsh2011

I am trying to purchase a One Day Travelcard to cover me from Zones 1-6 to Tilbury Town with a 16-25 R/C for tomorrow. How do I enter this into the online booking engines? And should I use a specific site?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The out-boundary travelcard is intended for starting and finishing outside the zones. To make a single journey out of the zones and back in again you'll need to buy a zones 1-6 travelcard and a boundary zone 6 to Tilbury Town return. You can buy the travelcard online, but the boundary ticket can only be bought at a station, or possibly over the phone with the travelcard. If the trip to Tilbury is later on in the day then you can buy the boundary ticket at any time up to starting the journey in question, so whenever you have a spare moment.

island

Veteran Member
And that will all cost £8.70 assuming you're going after 0930.

clagmonster

Established Member
Note that said combination would give unlimited travel within Zones 1-6 but only one return journey between Boundary Zone 6 and Tilbury.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Note that said combination would give unlimited travel within Zones 1-6 but only one return journey between Boundary Zone 6 and Tilbury.

However, a Tilbury - Z1-6 Travelcard wouldn't help in that regard even if the OP was travelling in the other direction - as you can only use a Day Travelcard for one journey to/from the London zonal boundary.

island

Veteran Member
And the journey towards London has to take place before the journey away from London.

clagmonster

Established Member
Mike and Island, agreed on both points. Starting in London, the only way to make multiple journeys to Tilbury would be to buy multiple day returns or to buy a Travelcard season.

Status
Not open for further replies.