• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trying to buy through tickets from Leeds to Brussels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
About a week ago, I had a quick look at www.eurostar.com and looked up tickets from Leeds to Brussels. I'm now looking to book and the website no longer recognises "Leeds" as a valid entry.

Anyone any idea why that's happening or suggestions as to where is best to book from Leeds or Keighley? I've not booked from Yorkshire before. I'm keen to have a through ticket to ensure I'm going for valid connections and in case of delays on the way back.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
About a week ago, I had a quick look at www.eurostar.com and looked up tickets from Leeds to Brussels. I'm now looking to book and the website no longer recognises "Leeds" as a valid entry.

Anyone any idea why that's happening or suggestions as to where is best to book from Leeds or Keighley? I've not booked from Yorkshire before. I'm keen to have a through ticket to ensure I'm going for valid connections and in case of delays on the way back.

Have you gone beyond the booking horizon for National Rail which is less than for Eurostar?

JB_B

Established Member
I've tried that website, but it finds loads of alternate routes (most not very well priced, many by coach) and there seems to be no way to filter by price, class or number of changes.

I've used loco2 for trips to Italy without a problem but, having just tried Leeds->Brussels departing now, I can see what you mean . It's absurd that there's no (obvious) way filter out the buses nor to sort by price.

My earlier reply was based on looking for departures on Weds Feb 13 from 9am (as midweek is when I'd expect reasonable-ish Eurostar fares to be available) - they looked similar to what I'd expect from Eurostar (but I'd imagine it would be possible to beat those prices if you split.)

If you can get the work-around to work for the Eurostar site from Leeds to work, it would be interesting to know how loco2's prices compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.