• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trying to identify a book

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightning76

Some years ago, in the late 80's I reckon, I had a copy of a book in the landscape-pictorial format, similar to the Jane's Rail Portfolio series. I remember little about it, but it definitely had a picture of a Thumper at Eridge, I believe viewed in the snow from across a field, and also I believe a picture of Chinley in the sunset, which at the time was a far off place of which I knew nothing. Also remember a long-range shot of a Thumper passing Pokehill Farm oasthouses on what is now the Spa Valley Railway, but that might not have been the same book.

Anybody got any ideas of the title? I've googled the Jane's series but haven't found anything other than the Class whatevers books.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thecrofter

You recall correctly my friend. I have the very book. It was in the Jane's series titled British Rail in Colour No.2 by Hugh Dady.

Status
Not open for further replies.