• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TSC 47 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill EWS

Hi again,
I have just had another run with the new 47, on the Network West Midland, in place of the Class 66 on the 09.55 Norton-Kings Head. The 47 handled very well and managed the bank with no effort. In fact I stopped just outside the tunnel and managed to pull up to the sumit signal without opening more than two notches. This is what I would expect from a Class 47.

Sticking to all the speeds and taking plenty of time running up to the loop signals I managed to arrive at Kings Head 0.58 seconds early, so there is no knocking the 47's performance. One of three stricking things with a 47 was the way it moved away on first notch, no matter what the train and as I have mentioned in a previous section, how it managed to reach maximum speed without having to go into Full Power and cruised along with the minimum of amps. The first time I had to open up to 3rd or 4th notch for a loco to move I thought the loco was about the be a failure. It doesn't say much for a Class 66, which is supposed to be 40 years and more ahead on technology and build, not to forget the difference in maximum horsepower.

So again I applaud everyone involved with the new 47. The only grumble is the low frame rates that we now expect from the new BVE 4 trains. The 47 is a hefty 20.5 MB file. I was getting as low as 5 fps with no higher than 8 fps, except in tunnels or the deeper cuttings.

I am off tomorrow on my 10 day holiday so providing all goes well I shall hope to have something to report on return.

Best of luck to everyone.

BillEWS.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
I to have tryed this out on the NWM, very nice. The sounds are excellnt, i cant waite for the 90 and 317 :D

Good job to all involved

Andy

Simon_G said:
I've mostly run it on the NWM HST and Voyager diagrams and it just about keeps up if you push it. If you have the time, the 0940 Maybank-Ludgate Hill is great fun. For a short route, try Barnt Green-New St on X-City.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.