• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TSC- Lord Adonis

Status
Not open for further replies.

glynn80

Established Member
Lord Adonis (second half of the meeting) delivering evidence to the Transport Select Committee (his first as Secretary as State) on Rail Fares and Franchises.
(http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=4361)

One thing made quite clear, in the meeting by Lord Adonis, regarding fares, was that if the RPI were to be negative (to such an extent lower than -1%) in July 2009, the following December fare changes, would result in reduced rail ticket prices.

In my opinion he performed extremely well, especially compared to Geoff Hoon's inaugural Select Committee grilling. I was suitably impressed by practically all his answers and felt him to be extremely competent in his position. It seems a great shame that he is likely to be out of office very soon, considering the next general election predictions. In light of last April's rumours of Blairite defections to Cameron's Conservatives (including Adonis himself) and the continued rumours of Cameron's admiration of Adonis's capabilities, I wonder if there is any possibility of him continuing in the post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.