• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tsc Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Happens in real life. This is a simulator. It simulates driving trains. This happens to train drivers in the real world so... ;)

ikar

I got 25mph throught the tunnel on the 66, than needed to let it go due to a bloody red signal at the top, than the sig cleared at 5kmh... Better performance the 66 gived.

66s are more powerful than 37s anyway. You can keep above 20 if you acclerate at the right moment.

Coxster

Established Member
I found it easy to reach the top no problem without crawling at 10mph... Not tried the 37 yet.

Jim

Established Member
dad stopped the 37 at just after the top of the last tunnel going in to the last stop (forgot it :lol: ) & had to reverse

Harold

James 66526 said:
66s are more powerful than 37s anyway. You can keep above 20 if you acclerate at the right moment.

Yeah, Although I tried the 66 out later on today and after quarry bank, the sudden up hill gradient caused the train to struggle and therefore only reaching a top speed of 10mph. So, the 37 proved more powerful in BVE which is good. Good to hear their amazing soaring sounds as reaches that gradient.

Harold.

wumpty

Don't forget the class 37 train.dat is set up as a double header!

Regarding the 66 on the bank, you should be able to manage 25-20mph:

Upon passing the 60mph sign at the bottom you should be doing 30mph, open up immediately and keep the throttle open until you hit the TPWS loops at the other end of the tunnel, then slowly knock of the power to avoid wheelslip so that you're doing 15mph at the AWS magnet if the signal is still red. The gradient means that there is no need to brake until after passing the AWS magnet.

Changing the subject; Simon G has spotted a small bug with the 09.55 Class 66 diagram which only appears if you run the route through BRR10. To fix open up the route file in notepad. Seach for 70625, and you'll see this.

.turn 0.004,
.Rail 1;5.75;0;,
.Rail 2;-0.25;0;4,
.Railstart 7;-8.05;0;4,
.Rail 8;-1.85,
.Rail 9;7.7,
.Rail 10;9.55,
.Rail 12;-1.05;0;4,
.Rail 13;14.95;-2.5;4,
.Rail 14;1.95,
.Wall 7;-1;38,
.Freeobj 14;510;0;0,
.Freeobj 14;58;-58;-2,
.curve 0;0,
.freeobj 0;$Rnd(613;614);-30;0;270,

Change this bit:

.Rail 1;5.75;0;,

to this:

.Rail 1;5.75;0,

and save the route file.

Sturdjos

When you approach Riverside on the local services ( Blackbrook - Riverside / Maybank - Riverside), you are held at the signal before the one before the station, which is at caution, and directs you into platform 1 ( I think!).

Is this a bug, or, are you meant to trip past it ( as I have done on both routes), or are you meant for the 5 mins plus at the signal for it to clear?

In real life you would wait 2 minutes (unless otherwise stated by various indicators on the signal post) and get hold of the signalman (either via an SPT or the CSR). Could there be a button in BVE to press to simulate this?... ;)

Sturdjos said:
When you approach Riverside on the local services ( Blackbrook - Riverside / Maybank - Riverside), you are held at the signal before the one before the station, which is at caution, and directs you into platform 1 ( I think!).

Is this a bug, or, are you meant to trip past it ( as I have done on both routes), or are you meant for the 5 mins plus at the signal for it to clear?

The signal always changes to yellow as I am apporaching it.... I've never had a red there before.

ikar

lankylancaster said:
The signal always changes to yellow as I am apporaching it.... I've never had a red there before.

Approach control signals, but in the drivers point of view they don't exist.

Chaz said:
I think you just Isolate the AWS/TPWS Safety systems.

The Override facility would be used after the movement has been authorised.

Julian G

Established Member
I was struggling with the 66 on the Steep Climb from Radley Junction, the train kept going backwards :|, so I had to exceed the limits of the 66 and go to Notch 8 (from 5mph),
it was quite hard, but at the end i got there! :)

Simon_G

Sturdjos said:

On services that terminate in the bay at Riverside, the signal just after Washpool station should be red when you first see it, then clear to yellow with a left feather as you approach. Have you found that it stays at red?

Coxster

Established Member
Julian G said:
I was struggling with the 66 on the Steep Climb from Radley Junction, the train kept going backwards :|, so I had to exceed the limits of the 66 and go to Notch 8 (from 5mph),
it was quite hard, but at the end i got there! :)
You must've been going damn slow to get caught there!

Julian G

Established Member
Coxster said:
You must've been going damn slow to get caught there!
a) I was on an MSN conversation for 2mins , and I have forgotten about the train :o
b) This time I will not forget!

Sturdjos

Simon_G said:
On services that terminate in the bay at Riverside, the signal just after Washpool station should be red when you first see it, then clear to yellow with a left feather as you approach. Have you found that it stays at red?

Yes....

Then there is the signal that displays the feather just before the points that diverges into the bay platform / through platform - THAT is at caution.

The signal before that is at Danger..... constantly for me, it would seem!

ChrisCooper

Established Member
I wonder if there could be a system in the plug in where it would recieve a code from a beacon before the signal, and when the a certain key was pressed it would play a message from the signalman. Would have to be done in a fairly simplistic way i'd think, with common messages such as waiting for line to clear then signal will clear, authority to pass a signal at danger, proceed with caution and inspect line, level crossing failure, un-marked emergency speed restriction, person masterbating on bridge ;) , that sort of thing. Perhaps 10 messages in total that the author could set to be played. Either that or there is the old BVE 2 system of using .announce to play the message just before the signal. Give the advantage of being able to have custom messaged, but it's played before the train is stopped (no wait 2 mins or whatever), and doesn't work if the train stops before the command.

Simon_G

Yes there could, Chris. It isn't something that should normally be needed if a route is working correctly, as the signals should clear within a reasonable time, but I have considered it in connection with using the BRF scripting language to start simulating things like signal failures, broken rails, blokes on bridges (who's going to make that object, then?!).

I'm still not sure why Sturdjos is being held at a red though.

Sturdjos

What I'll do is I'll isolate the AWS etc :)

Anyone here have any idea what TOC would serve NWM? The livery looks like Central Trains to me? *Shrugs* Any ideas? ( I know it's fictional, but I wouldn't mind adding some announcements to it.... )

class 313

Established Member
Very nice so far, I love the diverted HST run. Its a very long route. I also love the 153s diagrams. Thank you for all involved.

One thought I had was... Would it be possible to have a freight run all the way from Maybank to Wellingham or maybe even a night freight run aswell for the next release?... Excellent route TSC and I look forward to the next installment... :)

eezypeazy

Having read in this thread about the 37 run and the Hill, I just had to give it a go..... thoroughly enjoyed it!

eezypeazy

Craig

Established Member
Simon_G said:
blokes on bridges (who's going to make that object, then?!)
Wouldn't that one be more appropriate on X-City?? ;)

Could that idea (sounds related to signals, not blokes on bridges) also be used to implement RETB too? It's something I started looking into for the WHL, but I need to do more research into how the signalling works.

Status
Not open for further replies.